SS1 and Cressis travelight BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamikeg

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am getting different information and tying to get the "real" story. Can the SS1 work with the Travelight BC from Cressi?
Does it fit properly, or is it some kind of adapter that makes it fit, but you lose the ability to disconnect it or ?????

Many thanks!

Mike

Hello Mike

Yes, the SS1 will fit on the Cressi BCD. I believe the 3/4" adapter is the one for Cressi BCDs. Also, you will be able to disconnect as all the adapters use the same thread connector. Thanks Mike!

Atomic Aquatics

Thanks for the reply. Does the adapter come with the SS1 or do I need to order it separately?

Hi Mike

When you purchase the SS1, it comes with all three adapters. The one on the SS1 upon purchasing is the 1" adapter. This one is too big for the Cressi, however, the other two adapters are in the box and can be easily installed. One of those two will be the one to fit the Cressi BCD. Thanks Mike. Enjoy the new toy!

Atomic Aquatics

I'm being told by multiple retailers that the SS1 DOES NOT fit the Cressi Travelight. Did one of the products change between 2012 and 2015 to make them incompatible?

Hi Mike

When you purchase the SS1, it comes with all three adapters. The one on the SS1 upon purchasing is the 1" adapter. This one is too big for the Cressi, however, the other two adapters are in the box and can be easily installed. One of those two will be the one to fit the Cressi BCD. Thanks Mike. Enjoy the new toy!

Atomic Aquatics

Hi Jeffreyt

We have not changed anything in regards to our adapters/SS1...I asked one of our dealers that carries some Cressi BCDs and something may have changed with their configuration or style corrugated hose...Not too sure, but the dive shop mentioned that the SS1 did not fit smoothly...The corrugated hose on the Cressi is not standard and flares towards the end. This makes it difficult to install the SS1 with the buttons up and the LP hose on the correct (right) side of the corrugated hose.

Sorry Jeffreyt! Figure I would ask around before answering here. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Kenney
Atomic/Huish Outdoors

Back
Top Bottom