New BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would tend to steer you away from the Cressi Travel Lite.

I had a Cressi Air Travel which is a back inflate travel BCD by Cressi. It was 4 pounds positively buoyant. The 1st 4lbs of lead that were added were simply to offset the BCD. This isn't a factor in the water, but it can be "annoying" climbing up ladders to have an extra 4lbs that you wouldn't otherwise need.

Although I have never used their jacket style travel BCD, I would expect it to be similarly buoyant.

Because none are more suitable for the purpose with high quality, comfort and functionality. But I guess you don't understand that.
Thousands and thousands of divers find a BP/W which is higher quality as it has fewer failure points without all the plastic. Many find other jacket style BCDs also comfortable. Functionality? It s purpose is to contain a bladder to control buoyancy. Nothing else.

At 3x the price of the DGX BP/W, that's a non starter. Maybe you get them at a heavily discounted rate, but for those of us who don't, there just isn't the return.

I guess you missed the OP discussing price and asking if a price difference of $130 was worth it.

Now I may not be good at math, but $130 is a lot less than $700.

Thanks for all the replies.

Trying to remember everyones comments...

1. No offense, never been a scuba pro brand fan. Just bad experiences in the past.

2. Backplate and wing, are they all back inflate? Im looking more jacket style. I have a back inflate bc now and i know now i don't like it. I'm looking for jacket style.

3. I'll look at the aqualungs.

4. I dive with 5/6# and prob can get away with 3# i just don't want to battle the buoyancy of the empty tank.

5. I've seen enough bad used gear for a lifetime, no thanks.

Thanks again guys.

2. Backplate and wing, are they all back inflate? Im looking more jacket style. I have a back inflate bc now and i know now i don't like it. I'm looking for jacket style.
That's completely fair. Yes BP/Ws are back inflate and per your preferences that is a no go. Can't comment about any jacket style BCDs other than to say good luck.

Back
Top Bottom