Springtime Meet & Greet - Saturday 04/04/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In all seriousness, can anybody recommend a good bay area (or Monterey area) course in SCUBA diving off a kayak? I've seen a few mentioned, but none of them seem to be available now or with any degree of regularity.

There is actually a dive club that does kayak diving in SF, I believe. If you want more information, I will try to see about russling up the information on them...

There is actually a dive club that does kayak diving in SF, I believe. If you want more information, I will try to see about russling up the information on them...

That would be awesome Sarah, thanks (only if it's not too much of hassle)!

In all seriousness, can anybody recommend a good bay area (or Monterey area) course in SCUBA diving off a kayak? I've seen a few mentioned, but none of them seem to be available now or with any degree of regularity.

Other than another PADI cert card, what do you suppose you would learn from this course?

Not a problem at all. The group is Barbary Coast Divers, out of San Francisco. I believe their website is www.barbarycoastdivers.com. Let me know if you need more information...

Other than another PADI cert card, what do you suppose you would learn from this course?

Well, first thing first - I'm certified through SSI. :D

What I'd hope to get out of it though is a good overview of the issues involved, mainly to do with gear management on a kayak (especially when entering/exiting), pros/cons of anchoring the kayak vs. towing, etc. I also feel like some initial experience with somebody who's done this a few thousand times present could help prevent some very costly mistakes, in the form of gear plummeting towards the deep. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom