Springs' Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked to Cave Ex. and Peacock is closed and they think will still be closed this weekend. The only spring that is open is Manatee, all others in that area including Ginnie are closed.:frown:

Looks like manatee or blue spring this weekend.

I would prefer Manatee, even though it's a longer drive, as I've never been there. However I don't know how extensive the "Cavern Zone" is for you guys.

Yes i dont know how far in it goes either, didnt look that much the two times i have dove there. Any other experiences?

Dont forget, only 35 divers per day. Get there at 8am, or you wont get in, and maybe not then. The cavern zone only goes in about 50ft, and the walls are black, so there isnt much to see. Its kind of freaky actually, becuase theres an outflow and a syphon, and it sucks you across the cavern into the syphon. Not so much you cant swim against, but its kind of wierd. Its ok for a cavern dive, but I would call it more advanced due to the black walls, ease of silting, and syphon.

Vis was excellent at Blue Springs, my wife and I dove it today.

jokeborn:
Vis was excellent at Blue Springs, my wife and I dove it today.

We were supposed to head down to the Keys this weekend to dive, but big waves we decided to cancell. Do you know if Ginnie is open yet? Me and a buddy wanted to do some cave diving this weekend either at Ginnie, Peocock, or Little river preferbley, thanks,

FLTEKDIVER:
We were supposed to head down to the Keys this weekend to dive, but big waves we decided to cancell. Do you know if Ginnie is open yet? Me and a buddy wanted to do some cave diving this weekend either at Ginnie, Peocock, or Little river preferbley, thanks,

not 100% sure about ginnie, and as far as I have heard the suwanee is expecting to crest this friday, so that leaves little river out, i hear the water is all the way to the road. I don't thin peacock is open yet either.

you can go dive manatee its open

They are hoping to conduct the Cavern and Intro IEC at Ginnie this weekend Right now it's looking good but as Wendy noted the water levels may change call be you go

Wendy:
not 100% sure about ginnie, and as far as I have heard the suwanee is expecting to crest this friday, so that leaves little river out, i hear the water is all the way to the road. I don't thin peacock is open yet either.

you can go dive manatee its open

Thanks Wendy, we have not dove Manatee in close to a year,so i was hoping to keep it withen fimilar grounds, but i'll talk to my buddy and see what he say's, at this point, after making plans from 3 diffenrt places for one weekend becuase of all these storms, i just want to dive, thanks for the input

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom