Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like it. Addition:

Q: Do I have to file a deep plan to go down the road past the tubes?
A: YES

Q: Will Divin'Hoosier and Barracuda2 once again be leading dives to see the sites down past the tubes?
A: NO!!!

OMG!!!! That is too Funny!!!:rofl3::rofl3: You know if it would have been anyone else we would have been asked to leave..

what do you guys think of that FAQ like? Dislike? any additions??

Hi Ted - regarding the FAQs - great job. But, I do have a question. Do we make advanced camping reservations directly with Gilboa, or just tell you?

FAQ is pretty good....there should be a sticky with the food list....

Who is bringing what?

gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse and taking reservations now.....
2. Generator
3. Cowboy beans if Scott doesnt come. those things are awesome.

Barracuda2
Toledo Kielbasa

Divin'Hoosier
Breakfast food

Jwalko
1. Sausage and Peppers
2. Buns
3. Soup for in between dives

gNats
1. Bbq Pork and Buns for Sandwiches
2. Potatoe Salad
3. Camp stove

Hi Ted - regarding the FAQs - great job. But, I do have a question. Do we make advanced camping reservations directly with Gilboa, or just tell you?

That time of year our group is usually the only ones there. Reservations arent usually neccessary. Plus you could always pitch your tent on a site with another scubaboard member. Mike knows were coming.. but if you want and call and reserve a spot it is up to you even though not neccessary..

You can reserve spots at Gilboa? They aren't even numbered that I've noticed. I've never made a reservation but they I always try and get there late Fri morning.

You can reserve spots at Gilboa? They aren't even numbered that I've noticed. I've never made a reservation but they I always try and get there late Fri morning.

Thanks - that's good to know. I've never been to Gilboa when there wasn't 6 inches of snow on the ground! It will be weird to be there and have other divers all around. Other than the first trip there in November, I've pretty much had the place to myself!

Thanks - that's good to know. I've never been to Gilboa when there wasn't 6 inches of snow on the ground! It will be weird to be there and have other divers all around. Other than the first trip there in November, I've pretty much had the place to myself!

Try it on a nice sunny, warm weekend in June or July. It's a madhouse. I have honestly seen it so packed with cars and tents that there literally was not a free spot of ground from right were the campsites start all the way back to the turn around. Every square foot was taken by a car, tent, picnic table, tarp or awning of some sort. I've seen the portapots fill up almost to overflowing for crying out loud! It can just get nuts on Saturdays and Sundays in the summer. In April the water's still too cold for most folks.

Try it on a nice sunny, warm weekend in June or July. It's a madhouse. I have honestly seen it so packed with cars and tents that there literally was not a free spot of ground from right were the campsites start all the way back to the turn around. Every square foot was taken by a car, tent, picnic table, tarp or awning of some sort. I've seen the portapots fill up almost to overflowing for crying out loud! It can just get nuts on Saturdays and Sundays in the summer. In April the water's still too cold for most folks.

That's how I picture the World Record weekend to look. Pretty scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom