Spree training trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I worked my keister off.

I'm just going to hit the highlights.

5:30am my alarm goes off. In 15 minutes I am on the bow ready to learn to tie off to the mooring buoy. I'm handling the hook to catch the loop. We get tied off, now its time to get the whole boat ready to dive in less than 30-45 minutes. The other dive master is jumping the sideline. Get the ladders in the water and tied off. Get the dingy in the water, crank the motor and run it, tie it off. Get the floats on the side line and tie it off. Everything is done neatly. No slop.

I don't know how many times we move the sideline from one side of the boat to the other on that trip. The current was cruising pretty good and we had very little breeze.

Get divers in the water, get divers out of the water. Wellness checks, make sure the water jug on the dive deck is full, make sure capt is happy, make sure compressors are happy... we can go dive or go nap... I opted to dive.

After dive two, its time to... untie the side line, bring in the dingy, raise the ladders, and release the boat from the mooring.

I got to jump the side line on the rig after I proved I could tie a bowline on a bight.

Split fins are worthless in a solid current :censored:

Turtle was hanging out on the rig.

East bank... repeat procedure from dive one, just not as hurried. I jump the side line with Melanie supervising me.

Split fins suck in current. :shakehead:

My next dive I set the strobes for the night dive.

The best entertainment was watching the barracuda eat flying fish that were at the edge of the light ring at night. That was cool.

Stetson... more solid current... I solo jump the side line, check the mooring on the bottom and do the environmental briefing when I get on the surface.

I learned alot. I worked hard and ended up with a few bruises, sore muscles, but overall... happy.

I'll be back.

TwoBit

Hey TwoBit....welcome to my world bro. Glad to have you aboard and hopefully get to work with you one day. I will add to his:
Day Starts: 0500
Day Ends: 2300 to 2400
Work: NON STOP!

Glad you made it through your training trip...congrats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom