Split fins/Frog Kick...No problems..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that right? So now what? Are we going to talk about turtles and jets or whatever the flavor of the month is?

We can start a seperate thread for that you know.

Let's stick to the topic.

Split fins.

I actually think you will find very few people who really care what you think about split fins.
Eventually your credibility catches up with you.

I guess you would know about that. Thanks for the input.

... that splits work well with alternate fin kicks... but I've never seen them back that up in the water.

I'll borrow some and give it a try. If I can't do it that will pretty much settle the issue.

As mentioned before, I dont doubt that the motions can be executed, and possibly with some success. But the whole point is, how efficiently?

I've never really understood how people can get passionate about fins.

I have a set of Blue Apollo Biofins, yes I can frog kick (although it's not particularly efficient), I can even approximate a sort of helicopter turn. I can't back up in them. I think the sales person that sold them too me honestly believed that they were superior to traditional bladed fins.

Now, I dive Jets, I feel like I have a lot more control, and I don't cramp anymore than I did in splits.

As long as they keep them out of the bottom I don't care what sort of fins everyone else dives with.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
Is that right? So now what? Are we going to talk about turtles and jets or whatever the flavor of the month is?

We can start a seperate thread for that you know.

Let's stick to the topic.

Split fins.

ok.

Split fins are expensive snake oil sold to people on the pretence that they'll fix a problem that's really a skill issue.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
As mentioned before, I dont doubt that the motions can be executed, and possibly with some success. But the whole point is, how efficiently?

This isn't the whole point..It's aquamanics point. And for that matter I would say that the effiency is based upon each individual diver.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... that splits work well with alternate fin kicks... but I've never seen them back that up in the water.

I'll borrow some and give it a try. If I can't do it that will pretty much settle the issue.

What size do you need? If I have a pair that'll fit I'll send em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom