Spiegel Grove??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hvulin:
I once waited 4,5 hours, but this guy was dead! Believe me, at the end of this 2 hours they were all happy you are still alive and not angry at all (relieved sounds better than angry)

Thanks hvulin, You are right. No one was angry about anything. The operator gave us two free afternoon dives and people got more dives in than we had planned. We were all very concerned while waiting. Nobody likes to be a part of someone in their group being injured. We were all trying to help the officials and you. Relieved is the right term as we kept up with the instructor by phone about how you were as the day progressed. When we all had dinner together with you that night, we all expressed how glad we were that you were OK and that there were no remaining DCS issues.

LJ

Ok, after reading all of this really interesting posts in here on what had happened (so not to be called a troll). One thing is quite evident, the buddy system failed here (might want to take time to know your buddy, even in class it is easy to talk to someone and get a feel for what they are like).

As for picking the agency/instructor if, you don't do the research and see the quality you will recieve. Then you get what you paid for.

My good friend Polly is an awesome instructor (but Mike is still the king). I have helped her in the past. Being that I have a military instructors background, I can honestly say there is nothing wrong with her teaching/instruction. I think that some have read to deep into her post.

Casemanager, dude if you want to make a point on your posts, minor suggestion use the bold fonts and add some color. No need to capitalize the beginning of each word.

I Lost Track Of What This Thread Was All About, But I Sure Was Impressed That Someone Could Type All Their Posts Like This...

HHmmmm!!!!! After reading all the post it sounds like a lot of finger pointing at particular person. That person got caught up in mentally figuring he had to go into defense mode.

I have seen some Very Good Advice come from extremely experienced divers. Which is what that person claimed he
WAS LOOKING for.

It would save everyone a lot of time and effort if he Thanked
everyone for their opinions on the data that was submited to them.

Forget about the defense mode as it does nothing for your
Learning Curve.

Take Care and Dive Safely.

Just my $00.02.

String:
My view is if a diver is under any kind of instruction (ie taking part in a course) their instructor has a duty of care towards them. If they ARENT then the only person with a duty of care to the diver is the diver himself.

Learn the risks, know the risks, accept the risks. If you NEED someone to hold hands then imho you should not have been certified as certification is supposed to be proof of competence.
GIVE ME A BREAK BUDDY. i'M A GREAT DIVER. judging people like that is bull. I know a lot of of dive teams that hold on to each other. Up here in Canada the vis can get pretty low, i'd rather keep track of my buddy then loose them because my ego was too big.
don't bother commenting back either i don't want to hear it. Its divers like you we can all live without

In regards to the issue of responsibility that often comes up in these threads, there is an often confused but definite difference between ULTIMATE and SOLE responsibility. I have never placed Sole responsibility on one source, unlike many who repeatedly and mistakenly place Sole responsibilty on One source based on who is Ultimately
responsible.

String:
If you NEED someone to hold hands...

octgal:
I know a lot of of dive teams that hold on to each other. Up here in Canada the vis can get pretty low, i'd rather keep track of my buddy then loose them

I think the hand holding comment was meant in a "figurative" sense.

ljINfla:
Again Casemanager, I have made no medical diagnosis nor expressed any medical opinion. LJ

In your other post you said:

"What about the fact that you have a history of panic"

That sure sounds like a medical diagnosis or opinion.
How did you get this factual information?

obviously this is a informative issue as i see 16 pages posted on it.

Thanks to all the people who contributed. One person talked about hypercapnia panic attack, that was neat

I dont think i will ever use this board again because you get chastised and serenated with defensive attacks when all you are trying to is figure out what went wrong.

I dont thing this is the forum for me to tell everyone about my medical history. I am sure I am not alone in this area as there are other divers who dive and take medications.

Diving was fun for me, I enjoyed it. I use to fly airplanes and the instructor always said a good landing is a safe landing as long as your alive and the plane is not damaged. I am human, I am not a diving expert who goes out and knows everything there is to know about diving. I learned a hard lesson from this incident and I will have to deal with it for the rest of my life.

I end with one of my favorite quotes " What Does Not Destroy You, Will Strengthen You "

Again, I would like to emphasize this is not a place to start arguments. If you want to do that, keep it in the PMs. This whole thread was started to find out what casemanager (and the rest of us) can learn by posting his experiece on here. We all have our own views on this subject but let us remain adults and keep this a discussion/debate. There is absolutely no need for finger pointing or childish bickering.

Back
Top Bottom