SPG's All The Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hell yeah that would suck!!!

Yea,
That suck if you went to dump your weights and you also dumped all your goodies as well.

Taat2d - how do you work your weight situation? Do you wear a weighbelt AND weightpockets on your OMS rig?

You have the SS or Alum BP, right? So thats 6# off your waist. I have the Koplin weighted STA, so thats another 6-7# off my waist was well....but, I don't know HOW much weight I am gonna wind up with with my drysuit....15#? 30# Who knows!

Hey SCoobie
Right now I'm using the al back plate, and 2# STA. Diving wet with my HP steel 120, Im' adding about 12# of lead. I have no idea what I'll have to use for my dry suit though.

I went from a 7mm wetsuit to a trilam suit with polartec undies... I initially added 10lb for the drysuit, but quickly found that I can dive it with the same weight as the 7mm wetsuit.

Getting off topic here :)

Interesting...I'll probably need more than my current 15# when I wear the BARE CT200 undies.

I went from 16# with the 7mm to 22# with the drysuit, using the same SeaQuest BC.

I did real weight checks this weekend, and dropped to 12# (with the 6# BP = 18#). I next dropped to 10# of lead (#16 total) and I think I'm OK. I'm going to do another weight check next weekend to be sure I'm not too light (I may be)...it just seems weird to dive with just 10 pounds, you know? I hope its right, but it just seems strange.

PST HP100, 4.5 Helios...OK..so its not ONLY 10#...but 10 of lead.

Regarding the light, this isn't O-Ring's JATO bottle here... the 4.5 works out to less than -1 I think. Heck, O-Ring probably has a PFD on under his drysuit with that V2 he's diving. He's probably the only diver on the planet adding floatation, not taking off weight.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Regarding the light, this isn't O-Ring's JATO bottle here... the 4.5 works out to less than -1 I think. Heck, O-Ring probably has a PFD on under his drysuit with that V2 he's diving. He's probably the only diver on the planet adding floatation, not taking off weight.
Why do you think he's holding his hands together in his profile photos? He's praying he'll be able to make it back to the surface! :D

I don't have to wear a weightbelt...I HATE weightbelts..

You could pressurize that thing and use it as a deco bottle. Just tap a valve into the side of it and whack a regulator on there.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with putting a SLA battery in 100% O2 - let us know how it goes. I mean, mixing hydrogen and oxygen just makes water, right? :boom:

Hmm, that might make it a real JATO bottle!

And to get this thread back on track, an OMS SPG will do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom