SPG's All The Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night while trying on my OMS rig with my drysuit I noticed that with the OMS NO-Sag Pocket on one side, I can’t even GET to my waist D-rings. Anyone run into this? That means if I ADD the 2nd pocket on the left side of my harness like I was going to I’ll never be able to clip my SPG onto the D-ring. Any suggestions, ideas? Now I’m not sure IF I want to buy a 2nd one now or not
This is exactly the reason I dumped my OMS Saggin-The-Hell- Outta-My-Harness pockets and went with the Halcyon ACB15. The Halcyon system is much more low profile and does NOT move around on my harness. The OMS pockets slid around the waist strap, smashing together in the middle and all the while, sagging like hell.
I think its mid-way down the page...look for "No Sag Pocket". It refers to this as combining both a goodie pocket with a weight integration system. If you have to dump your weights for whatever reason, do you lose your stuff with it?
The OMS pockets actually have three pockets in one. The back pocket is the weight pocket with the quick release out the bottom. Much like the Transpac weight pockets. The middle pocket is about the size of a bellows pocket yet not easy to get into when you have weight in the rear pocket. The third pocket is a small velcro top pocket on the front of the assembly. It's basically the only accessble pcoket when you have weight in the back pocket. The downside to this pocket though is that only a five year old could get their hand into that tiny little pocket. Definetly not meant for adult sized hands let alone gloves, wet or dry.

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...

This is exactly the reason I dumped my OMS Saggin-The-Hell- Outta-My-Harness pockets and went with the Halcyon ACB15. The Halcyon system is much more low profile and does NOT move around on my harness. The OMS pockets slid around the waist strap, smashing together in the middle and all the while, sagging like hell.
]

I picked up my SPG today. I got the Dive Rite for a good price from a local LDS that's going out of business. I use the no sag pockets and have never had a problem with them sliding around on my waist. I use triglides to hold them in place.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
That brings up another issue...and before you 'flame me' I should mention that Halcyon ALSO has weight integrated pockets for their harness, so I imagine this is a universale problem be it OMS or Halcyon pockets.

Last night while trying on my OMS rig with my drysuit I noticed that with the OMS NO-Sag Pocket on one side, I can’t even GET to my waist D-rings. Anyone run into this? That means if I ADD the 2nd pocket on the left side of my harness like I was going to I’ll never be able to clip my SPG onto the D-ring. Any suggestions, ideas? Now I’m not sure IF I want to buy a 2nd one now or not.

No flame ... Halcyon makes that pocket, but I don't know anyone who PREFERS to mount it their waist strap. Most mount it to their thighs. The Halcyon site even shows you how to add their pocket to your wet or drysuit thighs (on the side, not front of thighs, bottom level with the end of your fingers so you can reach in).

<//><

O-ring once bubbled...

I use one on my o2 bottle and it doesn't bother me or anyone else. I don't show it to my buddy and I don't dive thirds on my deco tanks :D
The Coors Light / Koolaid swilling, Fosters trolling, anti-metric imperial campaigner known as O-ring uses a bar gauge on his O2 bottle???

:D

Scubaroo once bubbled...
The Coors Light / Koolaid swilling, Fosters trolling, anti-metric imperial campaigner known as O-ring uses a bar gauge on his O2 bottle???

:D
Yeah...I guess you can call me crow eating now too...

I didn't buy the OMS Pockets because I was seeking them for the storage of dive tables, spare parts, etc. as much as I wanted them for their integrated weight holding feature. I was seeking to shed the weightbelt thus avoiding having TWO SS buckles on my waist - one for the harness and one for the weightbelt. TOO confusing.

I didn't buy the OMS Pockets because I was seeking them for the storage of dive tables, spare parts, etc. as much as I wanted them for their integrated weight holding feature. I was seeking to shed the weightbelt thus avoiding having TWO SS buckles on my waist - one for the harness and one for the weightbelt. TOO confusing.
That's what I thought you were talking about.

King Kong Matt;
No, the OMS pocket has 2 zippered compartments - one for the weights which you CAN dump out the bottom by pulling the DUMP handle, and one zippered pocket for goodies, and yet a 3rd pocket for line cutters. DUMPING THE WEIGHTS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DUMPING YOUR GOODIES.

DUMPING THE WEIGHTS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DUMPING YOUR GOODIES.

I figured that someone had taken care of that potential problem, but I just wanted to make sure.

That would be a real bummer if that potential design flaw had been overlooked :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom