Removing Peregrine and SPG from Shearwater Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DreadnoughtNH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all!
My wife (Octopussneakers) and I are attempting to ‘free’ her Peregrine computer and SPG from the Shearwater console so she can go to a wrist mount.
Talking to my dive shop owner, I must put the assembly in hot water for a period of time to make the console malleable to remove both, but to Google for specific instructions.
Of course, the internets have let us down on instructions, so we turn to the smart folks of Scubaboard. We have our sous vide machine and a tank of water ready!
Any ideas on temperature and length of time to put the console in for? Appreciate the help!

If it's a rubberlike material like most boots just hot water from the tap should do it. Just until it becomes pliable. A little dish washing liquid should help, also. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Free at last! Free at last! Praise lord Poseidon, the Peregrine is free at last!

Free at last! Free at last! Praise lord Poseidon, the Peregrine is free at last!
For anyone in the future looking for the instructions, we freed the computer with 7 minutes at 140 degrees. The SPG wouldn't come out still so we let it sit for another 5 minutes. It is still being stubborn so it's still in the console and we put it in the corner to think about what it's done.

yeah, it was a challenge to build the one I have (I got the pieces and put it together) for the wife. I fought for quite a bit of time to get the SPG and the computer in it. I actually struggled so much, the first time I finally got it it I had the unfortunate revelation I but the PDC in upside down and had to pull it apart... not at all an easy job. I just used hot faucet water in a bowl. Never thought of the sous vide. BRILLIANT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom