spanish rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N@rco$i$:
I'm in. I'd say Tuesday or Friday of this week could work for me.

I can't do friday, but any other day works for me. Not sure how conditions will be after this cold front... I know there was a lot of surf out there today, I'm sure vis is not that great at the moment.

N@rco$i$:
git-r-dun, how far off the beach would you say the reef is distance wise? And how long do you think it would take you to get there from Tampa International Airport.

If it wouldn't take more than an hour to get there from the airport and you want to try an afternoon/evening dive in the 5 to 5:30 pm time frame, I'd be game pretty much any evening except Wednsday's

I would say from T I A it will be about anhour and a half depending on traffic. It is just south of Manatee Ave. which is SR 64. I would love to do a night dive there but I usually work until about 6:30 or 7:00. I would be game for a Saturday night dive some time. That would be pretty cool. This weekend I am booked but there is a possibility for the next.

Oh yeah the reef is about 75 yards and then 125 yards. There are 2 different rock formations out there.

That sounds like we should do it. If not this week then next week. Is this near the Sugar barge ?

Yeah about a mile and a half further up the beach. You could actually do them both with very little travel in between. I am up for it. I will have to check the schedule as it gets closer to time but we should definately do it soon. I would think it would be a great night dive.

git-r-dun diver:
...I would think it would be a great night dive.
I've been thinking the same thing.

And yeah, I've done both the sugar barge and spanish rocks on the same day, makes for a good day. An even better day would be Spanish Rocks, Sugar Barge, and Third Pier :eyebrow: (haven't been there yet).

So what days are good for everyone? I know it'll be kinda hard to get a day that works for everyone. I'm open this week except for Friday. Next week I'm booked up Tues & Wed, but any other evening would work. Let's set a date and plan a fun dive day (or night)! :)

is anyone planning on doing this today? I heard talk of tuesday....i'm in if someone is diving it today....i could be there around 5:30ish.....or i'd dive later if someone wants to do a night dive.....if not today i could probably do wednesday or thursday....

Gregg
(813) 731-4892

Tampausmc, doesn't look like were going today. Looks like next week.

NitroRoo, I'm also good any day but Tuesday and Wednsday. I'm thinking Thursday or Friday maybe? What do you think git-r-dun.

BTW, whats Third Pier?

It's another dive mentioned in the Diving Underwater Florida book, supposed to be nearby... I've never been there though.

How does Thursday, April 26th sound for everyone?

That sounds good to me. I will warn everyone that there is always the possibilty that I have to bail out at the last minute. That is what sucks about my job. You never know. I will try to plan for it if that's what everyone wants to do.
As far as the third pier goes. I tried to find the ledge out there once but had no luck. I have heard that it is a good ledge for spearfishing that there is a lot of life on it. I have never actually seen it though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom