SP Mk2 plus/ R190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oremus20

New
Reaction score
My LDS is telling me that the ScubaPro MK2 PLUS/ R190 is nitrox compatable. ( well in his words, 'Just about every Reg is Nitrox compatable, unless you are doing tech diving." I know it is a good reg, but I have not been able to find any supporting evidence for his statement. Is this reg Nitrox compatable????

I totally agree with him. It is a darn reliable reg.

Wayward Son:
Up to 40% they all are. Over that it may need to be O2 cleaned.

In January 1993 SP took a very conservative approach and released a service bulletin requiring O2 cleaning of all regs used with O2 mixes higher than 23.5%.

But in May 2001 after more research and study of the issue, they issued a new bulletin approving all of their regs, other than their titanium regs, for use with nitrox up to 40% at up to 3300 psi right out of the box.

For nitrox mixes over 40% they approved the Mk 20 Nitrox for use with up to 100% O2 at up to 3500 psi.

So what the dealer told you is entirely correct, unless you are doing tech diving with deco mixes over 40%, a Mk 2 Plus R190 will work fine right out of the box for nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom