Source needed for 1800psi working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Ok, where can I order a 1800psi working pressure (3000psi release pressure) 3/8" burst disk? I have Googled all the usual suspects but haven't found anything out there. Currently overhauling a twin manifold on a set of 1800 psi steel 38's. Thanks. 😎

Just put the closest one over 1800psi in.
There's only 1 country in the world that requires burst disks, they're prohibited everywhere else...

Ok, where can I order a 1800psi working pressure (3000psi release pressure) 3/8" burst disk? I have Googled all the usual suspects but haven't found anything out there. Currently overhauling a twin manifold on a set of 1800 psi steel 38's. Thanks. 😎
Have you tried Northeast Scuba Supply? I don't see them on the site (Tanks - Valves - Valves - Valve Repair Parts - Burst Discs - Scuba Valve Burst Discs - Northeast Scuba Supply Store), but maybe worth a telephone call.

ETA: Last time I needed a burst disc for my 2,250 psig PST 72, my LDS (a SP dealer) couldn't get them. So, I asked the LDS (a U.S. Divers/Aqua Lung dealer) in a nearby town. He had run out, so he ordered a few for himself and for me.

rx7diver

Have you tried Northeast Scuba Supply? I don't see them on the site (Tanks - Valves - Valves - Valve Repair Parts - Burst Discs - Scuba Valve Burst Discs - Northeast Scuba Supply Store), but maybe worth a telephone call.
Yup, tried them.

There's only 1 country in the world that requires burst disks, they're prohibited everywhere else...
While I do understand that this is commonly done, and likely would never create an issue, and many folks in cave county just put in plugs, I'm a stickler for adhering to standards and regulations in this country :cool:. Besides, I ran into an issue with a tank-filler on a dive boat the other day who refused to fill my 2250 psi tank because he noticed it had a burst disc with a release pressure of 4,000 psi and I got this condescending lecture on the 5/3 working pressure to release pressure mantra. Who the f**k looks at that anyway! Until I get my own compressor and another dive boat I'm looking to avoid controversy.

depending on the valve and if it can take a 3/8 thread, you might be able to use the 3000 psi one piece PRD they sell for paintball tanks that are 1800 psi

else trident has some i think

depending on the valve and if it can take a 3/8 thread, you might be able to use the 3000 psi one piece PRD they sell for paintball tanks that are 1800 psi

I saw those 1800 paint ball ones but they seem to have a new-fangled seat that I wasn't sure would work on a scuba valve. Are they compatible?

I normally just cut a penny to fit.. :poke:

Not been a problem so far.☄️☄️🔥

Not trying to start a fight, I am just being overly pedantic, but I can think of at least another two countries where burst discs are mandatory. Australia and New Zealand. You can buy valves with burst discs in Singapore,so I am guessing they are not prohibited there.

Nah mate no bluing nor pedanticism here, I was about to assist with an explosion of information next post

For really a long time I've been a collector of oddities

274 zzzzzzz0.1658804724_pzak.jpg

And then poof, some of them I transform into these

112 001a (2).JPG

and also reuse the plugs even screwdriver slotted ones

and punch out washers from plastic scrap from bottles

and no matter what funny ideas I may come up with I don't chase my tail at least not after I realise that I am

So as far as the rest of the world, the smarter ones, maybe it's colder there, no fires not requiring discs goes

I reckon thicker is better

Were plugs originally filled with solder, that's soder for those that still don't lika da English

Back
Top Bottom