Sore armpits ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnAC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Made my first dive this month with BP/W set-up. At the end of the day, I noticed that my armpits were pretty sore. I did not feel like the rig was overly tight at all, and didn't really notice it while I was diving.

Anybody else experiance this, is it normal with BP/W set-up?

You weren't in a "fake fart" contest were you???

No, I have been diving modified Hog rig for years, and I can never remember having sore arm pits. Can you give us a pic of you in your rig?

Is it actually your armpits, or is it the inner part of your upper arm? When I started diving a BP/W, the inner part of my upper arm would get sore, and eventually I developed linear bruises there. I solved the problem by crossing the straps behind my neck -- that keeps the harness in closer to my body, and no more arm problems.

You weren't in a "fake fart" contest were you???

No, I have been diving modified Hog rig for years, and I can never remember having sore arm pits. Can you give us a pic of you in your rig?

No fart contest and no pic of myself but pretty much the same as bellow.

th_IMAGE018-1.jpg

Is it actually your armpits, or is it the inner part of your upper arm? When I started diving a BP/W, the inner part of my upper arm would get sore, and eventually I developed linear bruises there. I solved the problem by crossing the straps behind my neck -- that keeps the harness in closer to my body, and no more arm problems.

Your right it was the upper part of my inner arm & chest. Thanks for the tip!

I like to use a little softer harness than some, too. I'm particularly fond of the Halcyon webbing, although I believe other companies carry something similar.

I like to use a little softer harness than some, too. I'm particularly fond of the Halcyon webbing, although I believe other companies carry something similar.

That's great idea, there is an Extreme Scuba store near me that caters to the tech side of diving. I know they will have just what I need. THANKS! :D

Come to think of it, the webbing on my BP is VERY stiff. The guy that I bought it from was a hardcore tech.

I have a chest strap on my Transplate so the straps are not pulling outwards towards the arms like your picture.

Sorry, I just noticed Hogarthian. I did this once before in the DSS forum discussing Oxycheq.

I wish this board allowed deletion.

cmburch - don't need one with single webbing
netdoc - modified hog? explain! :wink:
watchmanjc - i agree with tsandm, get softer webbing. i had really stiff webbing and suffered the same thing as you, now i don;t thanks to softer webbing. I got my webbing from a Salvo dealer.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom