Sore armpits ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmburch - don't need one with single webbing
netdoc - modified hog? explain! :wink:
watchmanjc - i agree with tsandm, get softer webbing. i had really stiff webbing and suffered the same thing as you, now i don;t thanks to softer webbing. I got my webbing from a Salvo dealer.

Right on, thanks for the confirmation!

netdoc - modified hog? explain! :wink:
Sure. It's not quite a standard hog rig. On my waist belt, I use a Dive Rite pocket on the left side and I have D-Rings on both sides. My canister light is clipped directly to my plate. My scissors have a bolt snap on a short length of cord attached to the lower eye which is threaded through the upper eye. This keeps it closed when clipped off to the right d-ring (with my lift bag) and yet quickly accessible. Small variations from a true Hog rig (as I understand it), but they really work for me.

You can also try seat belt pads. I used to get chaffed and pretty sore around the arms/chest area but these helped.

i second the strap cross tip. if you're narrower across the shoulders than the 'average guy', it will bring the straps closer to your neck & further from your upper arms.

hope you didn't trim the webbing yet...if you did, you might need another length of it.

loosen the harness a little bit?
This is exactly what i needed. Anyway, i found my hog harness a solution to biggest fit problem i've had with pretty much any BC/Shoulder i strap i used prior. I could never get full lungs of air because i could never find a "tight" or "loose" enough position for the sternum strap... Sounds a bit silly but it is true.
Back to subject.. i use DiveRite hog harness and find it soft / comfortable enough even with a just a t-shirt in the pool.

While everyone has mentioned the strap of your harness might I suggest taking a look at where you may have any D-rings on the shoulder straps (if you are wearing D-Rings)

Having the rings not set correctly it is not uncommon causing the diver to feel the pressure from them following or during a dive. If the d-rings are at the points of where your arms meet your shoulders you may be adding to that pressure as you move your arms in and out and about. D-rings for most people are located up near/just below the collar bone (within reason) this permits their access and minimizes their compression aginst the arms and shoulders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom