Solo Trip to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

o_O Yay, we haven't had a good cheerleading session in a while. Ops are so competitive on Cozumel that you probably can't go wrong, so choices depend on your preferences.

Some of the best. Neither will take more than 8 as that's the maximum allowed per DM, I think. Alison is great to dive with, I love her huge boat, but traveling solo as I always do - I hate to pay taxi fares to the southern marina. I did one day to go with friends on her boat last trip and it was only 110 Pesos ($5-6), but I hate the risk of getting a crooked taxi. Tres Pelicans provides transportation to the marina, and Christi picks up at various docks I think, but they're all so popular you want to book early.

I've been with TP when they had two divemasters, so I -think- that day we had 10 divers. I don't recall, it's been a few years.
Alison's boat wouldn't fit more, but 8 is still more than the requested 6.

You are right though that neither op, or any reputable law abiding op would go more than 8 divers to a DM. So I think smallboats in Coz are more likely to be 8, than 6 just due to the economic efficiency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom