Solo Trip to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Blue

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey folks, sorry for what I am sure is a repeated question - just looking for current info.

I'm heading down to Coz over New Years on a solo trip, but haven't been down for over a decade. Any recommendations for a good 6-pack boat and lodging in town?

Thanks

Hey folks, sorry for what I am sure is a repeated question - just looking for current info.

I'm heading down to Coz over New Years on a solo trip, but haven't been down for over a decade. Any recommendations for a good 6-pack boat and lodging in town?

Thanks
I stay downtown all of the time at Hotel Suites Colonial- Suites Colonial Cozumel
Very quiet, comfortable beds, good AC, in the heart of downtown. Big breakfast buffet and smoothie station included at the sister hotel Casa Mexicana. Xmas/New Year's is High Season and prices jump up.
I will be there from 12/20 to 12/30.
I dive with Blue XT Sea: Blue XT~Sea Diving - Cozumel Scuba Diving - Blue XT~Sea Diving
Their boats are right downtown a block and 1/2 from the hotel. Fast 6 packs.

My husband did a solo trip this summer and stayed at Caribo Cozumel, which he was happy with.
As a couple we have stayed at Suites Bahia, and were happy there too. (We stayed at Sabor once too- it was OK, wouldn't do it again. We like to be in town.)
Our goal is always bare bones, cheap though. If that isn't your goal, those might not be winners.

We've dove with Scuba with Alison and Tres Pelicanos, would recommend both, but I think they run more than 6 to their boat (Alison is 8, TP 8 or 10?) There are tons and tons of ops to choose from, and many favorites on this board. We would try Blue XT next if our usuals are filled, as I think Christi does so much for the SB community and her op looks great.

I stay downtown all of the time at Hotel Suites Colonial- Suites Colonial Cozumel
Very quiet, comfortable beds, good AC, in the heart of downtown. Big breakfast buffet and smoothie station included at the sister hotel Casa Mexicana. Xmas/New Year's is High Season and prices jump up.
I will be there from 12/20 to 12/30.
I dive with Blue XT Sea: Blue XT~Sea Diving - Cozumel Scuba Diving - Blue XT~Sea Diving
Their boats are right downtown a block and 1/2 from the hotel. Fast 6 packs.

If you go this route, have Christi/Blue XT~Sea book your room downtown. If you book your own room you'll have to pay a $5 dock fee when you get on their boat downtown. You may even save some money this way with a package and she'll have good advice on where to stay.

I go solo from time to time and stay at Villa Escondida and dive with 3P. Always have a blast. Have fun. :)

My husband did a solo trip this summer and stayed at Caribo Cozumel, which he was happy with.
As a couple we have stayed at Suites Bahia, and were happy there too. (We stayed at Sabor once too- it was OK, wouldn't do it again. We like to be in town.)
Our goal is always bare bones, cheap though. If that isn't your goal, those might not be winners.

We've dove with Scuba with Alison and Tres Pelicanos, would recommend both, but I think they run more than 6 to their boat (Alison is 8, TP 8 or 10?) There are tons and tons of ops to choose from, and many favorites on this board. We would try Blue XT next if our usuals are filled, as I think Christi does so much for the SB community and her op looks great.
Bare bones is fine with me on a solo trip. Clean, quiet, and air conditioned does the trick. With a group I like a place nice enough that I have to hear a minimum of whining.

Thanks.

Edit: I've also stayed at Sabor a couple times in the past. I found it to be adequate for a group trip and considered it this time for simplicity's sake. It looks like they are gearing themselves more toward families these days, though.

Bare bones is fine with me on a solo trip. Clean, quiet, and air conditioned does the trick. With a group I like a place nice enough that I have to hear a minimum of whining.

Thanks.

Casa Mexicana and 3P. Jeanie with 3P will set everything up for you. One stop shopping for the lazy person...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom