Solo diving on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is no longer the case. Buddy Dive no longer supports solo diving.
It's strange that they appear to offer the PADI Self Reliant Diver course
1721657566812.png

It's strange that they appear to offer the PADI Self Reliant Diver course
View attachment 852291
I know a diver who recently looked into a solo course at Buddy Dive. The course was available but he was told he could not solo dive off their property once certified. I have talked to Buddy Dive myself on this issue and have been told they will no longer support solo diving.

I know a diver who recently looked into a solo course at Buddy Dive. The course was available but he was told he could not solo dive off their property once certified. I have talked to Buddy Dive myself on this issue and have been told they will no longer support solo diving.
I wrote:

Hi Buddy Dive,

Do you allow solo diving from the Buddy Dive resort for solo certified divers with appropriate equipment? I see that you offer the PADI Self Reliant Diver course.

They responded:

Thank you for your email. Yes, we allow solo diving but highly recommend diving with a buddy.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Miranda
Reservations Agent

I wrote:

Hi Buddy Dive,

Do you allow solo diving from the Buddy Dive resort for solo certified divers with appropriate equipment? I see that you offer the PADI Self Reliant Diver course.

They responded:

Thank you for your email. Yes, we allow solo diving but highly recommend diving with a buddy.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Miranda
Reservations Agent

If true, this is a welcome change from what I was told by Buddy Dive several weeks ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom