Sofnolime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s really not that crazy…it’s the difference between 8-12 mesh and 4-8 mesh.
Certain 4-8 mesh sorb is suitable for diving, but there is a reduced scrubbing capacity.

The person that can answer all the question and clear up what is going on with this sorb, is dead.
Remember this is effectively an estate sale. A well respected diver had this in his inventory. What were the plans for it? Don't think there will be answers for that.

I look at this as a grieving family trying to get on with there lives. Not a top notch rebreather distributor. It's not like they are trying to meet there profit margin. Then I start seeing people complaining that things are as pictured and not how they thought they were. Step back, look at what you are complaining about. There, done with that rank. Don't like my rank, go suck on some sorb.

I did not know Michael, but he documented what he brought over with him on this forum.

The person that can answer all the question and clear up what is going on with this sorb, is dead.
Remember this is effectively an estate sale. A well respected diver had this in his inventory. What were the plans for it? Don't think there will be answers for that.

I look at this as a grieving family trying to get on with there lives. Not a top notch rebreather distributor. It's not like they are trying to meet there profit margin. Then I start seeing people complaining that things are as pictured and not how they thought they were. Step back, look at what you are complaining about. There, done with that rank. Don't like my rank, go suck on some sorb.
Will you still feel this way if other divers end up dead from using this product while under the belief it is actually tested and approved for diving? This is by no means a new problem and we have already lost good friends in the past because of this type of misconception.

Where did I say use it? Just stop crying like the world owes you everything. Have some respect and sympathy for the family having to deal with this. They didn't ask to be an overnight dive gear shop. It was just thrust upon them in a vary bad way.

Reactions: Zef
Where did I say use it? Just stop crying like the world owes you everything. Have some respect and sympathy for the family having to deal with this. They didn't ask to be an overnight dive gear shop. It was just thrust upon them in a vary bad way.
Sorry - I don’t see anyone crying here - more letting people know this stuff is not suitable for diving.

In addition, from what I see in this thread, this sorb was misrepresented as suitable for diving (seems not intentionally done). Based on that, it’s only proper that folks who bought this should be refunded as the family that got the payments had not bought it in the first place - so they are out nothing.

Curious. How much are these containers being sold for? My only experience with Ca(OH2) is with my reef tanks. Perhaps there's another market? I used to go through a ton of it.

Just stop crying like the world owes you everything
I don’t see anyone who bought the stuff crying. I see a conversation to positively identify the stuff isn’t suitable for diving. I ASKED for a refund because it was not what I believed it to be. The picture Pete posted from the actual bottle said it was 797…. If I don’t get a refund, I’m not going to get bent about it.
What none of us want is someone using the stuff thinking it’s diving sorb. And considering all the buyers are on this board, it seems like a good place to have that conversation. I’m not sure why we need to tap dance around the family’s feelings, when they aren’t on the board. If they were here, Pete wouldn’t have had to be a third party seller. I kinda feel bad for Pete, because his name and reputation is attached to this, and he was just trying to help out the family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom