Sofnolime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I posts a picture of an apple for sale and you get send a banana, it's your fault?

(Reminder for myself: Never buy anything from Zef)
yeah...except your allegory is not quite accurate. This situation is more like a person posts a picture of a box of apples for sale with a label that indicate the contets are Granny Smith apples and you buy some of them hoping for Gala apples but get Granny Smith Apples instead.

(Reminder for myself: Never dive with berndo as he seems to have issues accepting accountability for his actions)

Cheers,
-Z

Ma
yeah...except your allegory is not quite accurate. This situation is more like a person posts a picture of a box of apples for sale with a label that indicate the contets are Granny Smith apples and you buy some of them hoping for Gala apples but get Granny Smith Apples instead.

(Reminder for myself: Never dive with berndo as he seems to have issues accepting accountability for his actions)

Cheers,
-Z
Maybe you should look at post #5 and the image in it before you go and post an inaccurate allegory yourself? Lol…

Ma

Maybe you should look at post #5 and the image in it before you go and post an inaccurate allegory yourself? Lol…
Maybe you should go back and re-read post #82 where I took the picture at post #5 into consideration.

Maybe you should accept that you didn't drill enough into what you were buying because you were excited that you were getting a "good deal" that turned out to be not so good.

Maybe you should accept your loss and just walk away and lick your wounds.

Bottom line is you and a small bunch of folks were excited to get a good deal on a relatively expensive product by buying it on the 2nd-hand market, and despite the discussions behind the scenes and in a public forum the "right" questions were not asked to drill down about exactly what you (the collective "you") were purchasing/going to receive....and in the end the product you received is not fit for your purpose. That is definitely frustrating on multiple levels, but the person who sold you the product did not do so with any warranty for any purpose, that is where caveat emptor applies.

Now you can go sh&%ting in public on the guy who sold the stuff to you, no body is gonna stop you from doing that, but it is amusing that you would think that nobody would call you out on that...even more amusing that you are upset about.

Cheers for the laugh.

-Z

Maybe you should go back and re-read post #82 where I took the picture at post #5 into consideration.

Maybe you should accept that you didn't drill enough into what you were buying because you were excited that you were getting a "good deal" that turned out to be not so good.

Maybe you should accept your loss and just walk away and lick your wounds.

Bottom line is you and a small bunch of folks were excited to get a good deal on a relatively expensive product by buying it on the 2nd-hand market, and despite the discussions behind the scenes and in a public forum the "right" questions were not asked to drill down about exactly what you (the collective "you") were purchasing/going to receive....and in the end the product you received is not fit for your purpose. That is definitely frustrating on multiple levels, but the person who sold you the product did not do so with any warranty for any purpose, that is where caveat emptor applies.

Now you can go sh&%ting in public on the guy who sold the stuff to you, no body is gonna stop you from doing that, but it is amusing that you would think that nobody would call you out on that...even more amusing that you are upset about.

Cheers for the laugh.

-Z
《MOD EDIT》 I did not buy this stuff! Lol… you perfectly prove the first part of the “don’t assume” line!

I also have not given Pete a hard time at all - he got caught in the middle of this trying to help out the family - but fact is that this stuff was inadvertanty misrepresented here and the right thing would be to refund folks (which appears to be the intent).

In addition, a lot of what was posted was to ensure folks who may have bought it knew that that it was not actually appropriate for use in diving.

You do you - but not sure why you feel you have to criticizie folks who are just trying to set things right/straight in this situation.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

It would be helpful if those who did NOT purchase could refrain from commenting.

Back
Top Bottom