Sofnolime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious. How much are these containers being sold for? My only experience with Ca(OH2) is with my reef tanks. Perhaps there's another market? I used to go through a ton of it.
What did you use it for with the tanks?

Reef tanks can use CO2 scrubbers to help elevate the pH.
Actually that's a nice bonus. Main reason is to increase bio-availability of Ca to the corals. The dissolved CO2 in the tank water reacts with the hydroxide ions in the solution to create bicarbonate releasing Calcium which is taken up by the corals. The reduction in dissolved CO2 causes the pH to rise - a desired effect. I try and keep mine between 8.2 and 8.3.

Actually that's a nice bonus. Main reason is to increase bio-availability of Ca to the corals. The dissolved CO2 in the tank water reacts with the hydroxide ions in the solution to create bicarbonate releasing Calcium which is taken up by the corals. The reduction in dissolved CO2 causes the pH to rise - a desired effect. I try and keep mine between 8.2 and 8.3.
Learn something new every day I guess.
You don’t happen to need 27 kilos of sorb for your tanks by chance do you?

....only a Father
That is irrelevant to the transactions that occurred. Look - no one is minimizing this family’s loss, but you are way off base in equating the 2 topics and a family loss is no excuse to make an ill-founded gain.

My point was that they should be able to refund the money they received for this stuff (maybe minus the shipping costs) as they did not spend their money to buy this stuff in the first place.

Care to explain?
It's OK. I tried to help out a friend's son, and it turned into a ch!t show. I'm glad I did not get any of the money, and I have been strongly encouraging him to send refunds. I probably won't help the next family member trying to liquidate gear.

It's OK. I tried to help out a friend's son, and it turned into a ch!t show. I'm glad I did not get any of the money, and I have been strongly encouraging him to send refunds. I probably won't help the next family member trying to liquidate gear.
It's non of my business but why didn't you post a picture of an actual jug and posted a picture of an 797 jug instead?

You sir are much more tolerant than I!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom