Sofnolime Residue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeAllp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone

I'm fairly new to CCR diving and am hoping you guys can help me out.

After my last dive I had this residue on the outside of my scrubber. I initially assumed the sofnolime inside the scrubber got wet and "leached out" but everything was pretty dry, including the inside of the can.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Attachments

• Scrubber.jpeg
    Scrubber.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 114
No reason you can’t hose it out or use a light brush to brush away.

Fathom can? Or Meg?

looks like it was really dusty and then stuck when it got damp in the scrubber. Try to raise the bucket of sorb a bit higher and if you have a small box fan or something try to have that blowing across to mitigate the dust.

To get rid of that though I would put it in a bucket of water and let it soak, then hose it off.

Vinegar / water solution soak will clean that right up. I used to get similar build up on my rEvo and SF2 scrubbers

looks like it was really dusty and then stuck when it got damp in the scrubber. Try to raise the bucket of sorb a bit higher and if you have a small box fan or something try to have that blowing across to mitigate the dust.

To get rid of that though I would put it in a bucket of water and let it soak, then hose it off.
That makes a lot of sense. I'll try that next time I pack it. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom