Trip Report Socorro Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Boilers, San Benedicto today at 7am.

FFB39935-45BB-4A62-97ED-82D2997C598D.jpeg

It’s bait ball season now, right? Have you see any of that.

Not yet. May be it’s too early or the last tropical depression scared them away.

We were on the rough side of San Benedicto. It was a bit tricky to get on the skiff. A big swell shift the skiff off the beck deck while loading the fins. Some of them fell out of the skiff & went into the water. We were able to recover some of the floaty ones. Fortunately it’s only one that sank into the water. Ronald had to dive in to recover the sinking one.

It’s a bit quiet in The Boiler. We just saw little critters & fish, such as mating octopuses, flounder, scorpionfish & some sleeping Whitetip Reef Sharks. No Mantas, nor Dolphins.

Due to the rough water & no much of big fish activities, we decided to move to the protected area, El Cañon for the rest of the dive. Solmar V was already gone from The Boiler too.

Hi @Dan

Funny how that works. I was there just a week later than you, two years ago. We did all four of our dives on the last day at the Boiler, it was wild. My other two favorites were the Cañón and Roca Partida.

Have a great last day

Hi @Dan

Funny how that works. I was there just a week later than you, two years ago. We did all four of our dives on the last day at the Boiler, it was wild. My other two favorites were the Cañón and Roca Partida.

Have a great last day

Thanks! Hopefully El Cañon delivers in the last 3 dives of this trip!

Yea. It’s not only missing the Mantas & Dolphins today, but also cold (72F), dark (cloudy) & lots of current. Not a good dive day there, this morning. In January, I saw a lot of action in the Boilers. On the first dip, I saw Tiger Shark at 130 ft ledge. Later on Mantas, 4 Bottlenose Dolphins swimming around us, as you can see in my last trip video.

We are now at El Cañon, having the last dive briefing.

Fantastic shot. Thank you.

Does anyone know why sharks do that?

Whitetip Reef Sharks are nocturnal. So they sleep during the day & hunt for meal at night.

but why stacked? and how do they decide who's the bottom and who's the top? or maybe that's just their personal preference. No judgement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom