Trip Report Socorro Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are heading home. We have been sailing all night. The sea has been a bit rough, rougher than my last trip in January.

We are heading home. We have been sailing all night. The sea has been a bit rough, rougher than my last trip in January.

How were you last three dives yesterday?

We’re on the BelleAmie in one month for a makeup trip from last year. I’m hoping the weather and sea works out. Definitely a rougher time of year.

Safe travels and thank you for your posts.

but why stacked? and how do they decide who's the bottom and who's the top? or maybe that's just their personal preference. No judgement.

Super cool documentary on Socorro called Secrets of Shark Island posted here-

If the link gets blocked just Google it. Warning, this will make you want to go there. I booked my trip after seeing this.

but why stacked? and how do they decide who's the bottom and who's the top? or maybe that's just their personal preference. No judgement.

Not much space in those balconies. So, they just lay one on top of the other. You snooze, you lose and get to lay on top. Stacking one on top of another would also help to keep each other warm (my pure speculation).

We’re on the BelleAmie in one month for a makeup trip from last year. I’m hoping the weather and sea works out. Definitely a rougher time of year.

COLD! It was 73F. After 13 dives in cold water like this with 5mm wetsuit, I start to shiver and had to fin around. The windy day wasn’t helping the visibility too. We saw dust gusting down from the top of San Benedicto and mucking up the water. Visibility dropped to 40 ft at best. So, bring your 7mm wetsuit.

The cleaning station always had some actions. We saw 4-5 Silvertips, 1-2 Galápagos & Hammerhead Sharks just cruising around the sensor ball. At the last dive we saw a silhouette of a Tiger Shark.

You don’t want to miss this spot when you are here. Make sure to be there first before the rest of the divers bubbles scare the Sharks away. Just hang out around the edge of the cleaning station, 10-15 foot radius away from the sensor ball, not on top of it or you scare the cleaner fish & the Sharks. I’ll post the video of the close encounter with those Sharks there later when I am back home.

COLD! It was 73F. After 13 dives in cold water like this with 5mm wetsuit, I start to shiver and had to fin around. The windy day wasn’t helping the visibility too. We saw dust gusting down from the top of San Benedicto and mucking up the water. Visibility dropped to 40 ft at best. So, bring your 7mm wetsuit.

The cleaning station always had some actions. We saw 4-5 Silvertips, 1-2 Galápagos & Hammerhead Sharks just cruising around the sensor ball. At the last dive we saw a silhouette of a Tiger Shark.

You don’t want to miss this spot when you are here. Make sure to be there first before the rest of the divers bubbles scare the Sharks away. Just hang out around the edge of the cleaning station, 10-15 foot radius away from the sensor ball, not on top of it or you scare the cleaner fish & the Sharks. I’ll post the video of the close encounter with those Sharks there later when I am back home.

Back
Top Bottom