Trip Report Socorro Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found out Lisa & Gerald, owner of Jupiter Dive Center, Florida, are in my Shark group. Small world. I went to see Grouper Spawning with their dive boats before.

Found out Lisa & Gerald, owner of Jupiter Dive Center, Florida, are in my Shark group. Small world. I when to see Grouper Spawning with their dive boats before.

That's super cool! I dive with JDC regularly.

Today is our Dive Day 3, staying in Cabo Pearce for 2nd day. The dive schedule is like yesterday, but all shifted by 15 minutes earlier since no need for dive briefing. The DMs are switch. The Shark group gets Celine.

Just finished dive #6. On the way to the dive site, I asked Captain Ramon, who was piloting the skiff, as we were heading to the dive site, if he called the Dolphins to visit us since we haven’t see them all day yesterday. He said he did & emailed them too. They surely got the message. We saw mother-daughter Bottlenose Dolphins greeted us. Also some schooling hammerheads and a couple of Mantas (Chevron & Black) were hanging around us.

Where are the pics? I want pics to drool over. Anything, please. I won't be underwater until August.

Where are the pics? I want pics to drool over. Anything, please. I won't be underwater until August.

The boat Wi-Fi is very slow as the signal is through satellite. So, any picture sent is at low resolution. The plan is to upload them when I’m back on land with good Wi-Fi signal. What I could do now is to screen capture some of the pictures from my laptop into my iPhone and crop it to a low resolution version. Here’s the 1st whaleshark of Cabo Pearce that we saw yesterday & today:

D9E1C5A1-06F1-4F8F-9438-83FCBF4B1292.jpeg

I was on the Nautilus Explorer in 2019. I appreciated the access, but it was insufficient for posting photos, etc.

Hey, great Whale Shark Dan, I saw none on my trip there

3rd dive of Dive Day 3 is my dive #1000. It turned out to be a dive to remember, not because of the number, but because we lost in the blue while checking out schooling of bonito tunas in hundreds. After 30 minutes of drifting in the blue, we thumb the dive and went up. Apparently we were not the only one, the rest of Shark group were also got separated, lost in the blue & thumbed the dives. So, @uncfnp said, this is more like half of a dive as I still have 1700 psig on my tank. It’s my 999.5 dive, almost 1000 dive..

The last dive of the day, we stayed around the cleaning station at the end of the peninsula, making sure we did not lose sight of the rocky formation this time. A manta came over swimming around us. I made 1000.5 dive this time with a full 60 minute, 84 ft bottom depth (51 ft average depth).

I was on the Nautilus Explorer in 2019. I appreciated the access, but it was insufficient of posting photos, etc.

Hey, great Whale Shark Dan, I saw none on my trip there

Thanks! Lisa C. (diver with white mask & fins behind the fish) saw it first & alerted us to it.

Yup. Gotta go there.

Thank you for the photo. Can't wait to see the edited batch.

Reactions: Dan
We left Cabo Pearce around 10pm, cruising slowly, arriving in Roca Partida and dropping anchor around 6:15am.

Solmar V arrived here earlier than us, so we will have diving schedule half hours later than yesterday.

FAE89533-E369-44ED-8AA8-0FAE5F06EC99.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom