Smedley Down!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had some grand dives out of PC this weekend... Jewfish, frogfish, loggerhead... and an octopus that *really* wanted to haul me into his den!
We missed you!
Soon as they'll let you get wet & kick with fins I'll bring you your tank so you can get back under!
:)
Rick

I'm sad to report that Tommy's back in the hospital. Infection at the surgery site. They've had to go in and remove the prosthesis, and have him hooked up to the big guns in the antibiotic world.
Please join me in getting those prayers aloft for him.
Rick

Wow! That sucks! Two months later, too. That's unusual. He's in my thoughts.

I thought I was going to be reading about another progress report. Sorry for the setback Tommy. More prayers and well wishes for you. That has to be a kick in the teeth this late into the recovery.:(

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks for the update Rick. Sorry to hear of Tommy's set back. He's still on my prayer list & in my thoughts.
Bless,
Kenny P.

Update... Tommy's home with IV antibiotics every 6 hrs for the next 30-40 days. He says he's feeling much better and if the symptoms are any indicator the antibiotics are winning the battle. Once he's certified clear of infection they'll go back in and replace the prosthesis, and start the rehab all over again.
Prayer lamp remains lit bright & steady.
Rick

I am still alive. I have one more week of IV antibiotics and then two weeks off them. Then a biopsy of my synovial fluid from the hip. If the culture and sensitivity is clear they will check with NAPA to make sure my new parts are in and install them the week of 10 - 14 October. I am an old pro at recovery by now so expect that all will go well. What should have been 6 weeks and all is well has turned into almost 6 months because of negligent diagnosis and treatment. Hope to be diving again soon. If my schedule is correct I will be at Vortex weekend of Vortoberfest.

Prayer lamp still burning; oil reservoir replenished for the duration.
Keep a steady strain, my friend.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom