Sliding Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the rubber ones, which are simply large o-rings. You can either make o-rings yourself or order some from McMaster-Carr (Dash 323 if you like them small, 404 if you want them a bit thicker).

I don't find them effortless to slide but with a bit of practice they work just fine and are very cheap compared to the more manufactured steel varieties.

Anyone got a youtube video of how to install the Sump Uk sliding rings ? Asking for a female friend :)
Sump UK.jpg

This was sent to me by Andrew Goring. The small "leg" or slot faces forward. I haven't come around to using them.

I tried the bolt snap triangle last trip to Bonaire in September.....liked it because the tanks stayed in trim the entire dive without having to move sliding O'rings/d rings....have decided to adopt it permanently.

I tried the bolt snap triangle last trip to Bonaire in September.....liked it because the tanks stayed in trim the entire dive without having to move sliding O'rings/d rings....have decided to adopt it permanently.
I can't see from the video - is the front D ring you attach to a very forward positioned dring on the waist strap, or is that just hooked to the scooter ring?

One of the clips is attached to your rear d ring on the waist belt and the other is attached to the front d ring on the waist belt.....not the scooter ring....hope this helps...

Perfect... I'll have to give that a try

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom