Site performance, refresh/load rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've noticed in the last couple of weeks a dramatic decrease in SB site performance. I have cleared cache, cookies, etc., I have high speed internet, I have removed Ad Blocker, all other web sites I visit are consistently faster. Visually, it appears as if the content of the page tries to post (partially) but the screen will not release while waiting for the ads to populate.

Running on HP laptop with dual processor, Windows 10, Google Chrome.

Hello Insta-Gator. I'm not sure if you're asking for site support or just making a comment? I'll answer your question as if you posted this in site support.

Network performance is a complicated thing. Clearing your cookies and/or cache will not necessarily increase your page load time, although clearing your cache may cause slower page loads, as cached items are now cleared.

Clearing your cookies will only cause you to be logged out of the site.

With that said... It's pretty darn near impossible to figure out why YOU are having network performance issues. The advertising is asynchronously loaded, so this type of script is not going to block the content from loading. While I appreciate that you have an up to date computer with current software versions, this does not necessarily diagnose all or any of the chrome plugins you may have, windows plugins, helpers, anti-virus, etc.

For me, the page loaded in 2.78 seconds, with the Content loading in 886ms.

upload_2016-8-10_11-2-40.png

Well, thanks for looking, Howard.

I just thought it unusual than I was only having issues with SB and not any other forums I frequent. Maybe the problem will just go away.

In the future if you are looking for site support, I recommend you post in that forum and not the feedback forum. I don't always see things in feedback.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom