Site very slow recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The main reason for this site is so all of us Federal workers sitting on useless and never-ending ZOOM, WEBEX and TEAMS meetings can have something to do on our "left" monitor while waiting for someone to mention our name on our "right" monitor.
That sounds very stressful

Last Night, SB unavailable to me for more than 12 hours:
When SB successfully "Pinged" I got the following errors:
Unexpected data base error, try again later
Server unavailable
Unknown server

For several hours, "Ping" was unsuccessful
During this outage, Tracert got as far as Frankfort before timing out.

For the last week, service has been very iffy during evening hours for me in US at Ann Arbor, MI.

For the non-computer folks:
Ping is a command line request to test internet connectivity (like a submarine sonar ping)
Tracert is a command line request to indicate steps from user to requested server
Yeah, last night had some particularly bad issues. If you think traceroute going to Frankfort is bad, Pete (the owner of SB) was having trouble even SSH'ing into the backend. But our lovely sysadmin managed to get in, somehow, and fix that particular issue and get the site up again. I don't think the underlying problem causing the random flakiness has been fixed, but he's working on it.

Last Night, SB unavailable to me for more than 12 hours:
When SB successfully "Pinged" I got the following errors:
Unexpected data base error, try again later
Server unavailable
Unknown server
Blank white screen, with digits 2023 in upper left corner

For several hours, "Ping" was unsuccessful
During this outage, Tracert got as far as Frankfort before timing out.

For the last week, service has been very iffy during evening hours for me in US at Ann Arbor, MI.

For the non-computer folks:
Ping is a command line request to test internet connectivity (like a submarine sonar ping)
Tracert is a command line request to indicate steps from user to requested server

This has been happening frequently the last few months unfortunately.

The main reason for this site is so all of us Federal workers sitting on useless and never-ending ZOOM, WEBEX and TEAMS meetings can have something to do on our "left" monitor while waiting for someone to mention our name on our "right" monitor.
You have your monitors flipped. Left is the work monitor, right is the scuba monitor. Jesh.

[Austrian accent on]

The Scubaboard Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Scubaboard begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Dave.......Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid......Good afternoon, gentlemen.

HAL9000-iconic-eye.png

Sky net vs HAL
Recently listened to 2001 on Audible. Made far more sense as a book than a film! Really enjoyed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom