Silicone sealant on mouthpiece?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all
I will try an inner tube made shim in the channel of mouthpiece tube and a tight zip tie to see how that goes. I also found a trident mouthpiece that looks like a comfobite rip-off but has a smaller tube that should fit, only problem is that the silicone rubber is much softer than a real Apeks or Aqualung version and I doubt it will be as secure in the mouth as the originals.

A couple of wraps of the silicone repair tape that sticks to itself might work.

I like @northernone 's innertube idea and think it's worth trying first. If no joy try the solution a friend of mine came up with for a similar issue. Put a tight fitting o-ring with a large cross section over the tube, then install the rubber mouthpiece and secure with a tie wrap.

Edit:
108 with a -117 o-ring
o-ring for mouthpiece seal.jpg

Once I was try to attach modern mouthpiece to antic doublehose.
It use adaptor with nut (left bottom item on the pic), but inner pipe is too narrow against to mouthpiece.
b-3300.JPG

I just take double sided foam adhesive tape :)
It takes three or four turns, then I moisten it, put mouthpiece on that, and used two zip-ties.
It works. Works very well :)

I used such tape
SKU099941-3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom