DIY Reusable Breakaway / Magnetic Retainers for Regulator Necklace, Hoses, Bolt-Snaps, Accessories, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The magnets you ordered just suck. :wink:

The magnets I linked are rather strong. I just did some testing with two brands I have:

* Option 1
* Option 2 - slightly stronger

Both were able to support the weight of this 64oz flask, with some movement/bouncing . Option 2, using the alternating magnets was able to hold the flask, plus about 6-oz of water, and light movement

The only thing that slightly sucks about option-2, is when you first get the magnets, you have to pry them apart a little, but then they're fine. I think the silicon coatings being compressed into each other for a long time slightly "glues" together.

View attachment 728353
Yep, they do.

Ordered a pack of Option 2 hopefully they aren't #2. :rofl3:

Yep, they do. Ordered a pack of Option 2 hopefully they aren't #2. :rofl3:
Now, I'm wishing I had included a link in the OP. I was trying to avoid promoting a specific brand. Now, it's too late to edit.

Those shouldn't suck, but if they do DM me. They would have had to change the product in some way, such as downgrade the magnets.

Now, I'm wishing I had included a link in the OP. I was trying to avoid promoting a specific brand. Now, it's too late to edit.

Those shouldn't suck, but if they do DM me. They would have had to change the product in some way, such as downgrade the magnets.
Don't worry, If they do, I'll just send you a PP invoice. :wink:

Does it work with the "Comfo-Bite" style mouthpieces?
aqua-lung-comfo-bite-mouthpiece-black.png

Yeah. Just cut the plug off. It’s kinda pointless anyway.

Back
Top Bottom