Si-Tec Dry Glove Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar:
Ohhh dear, you have a lot to learn. You just spent four paragraphs on a rebuttal to me.....LOL.

I think you have been had. I really don't care what glove system you use or for that matter what you recommend to others.

Calling someone foolish for paying you any heed hardly seems a position one would wish to defend. Or, in simple speak, shall we ignore you then?

codecruncher:
Hey kids, don't make me turn this car around!!

I have this system and I've had leaks on 2 out of 3 attempts. How do you know if the o-ring has rolled or not? Is it just a sudden release of resistance when putting the glove on? Does it stay rolled and out of the groove once you pull the glove back off so you know that was the issue?

I've been licking the rings before donning and didn't really find the gloves that hard to put on. But my left hand has been wet consistently. Right is fine and I can't seem to narrow it down so far.

Kompressor says the popping noise means the o-ring has jumped. I heard this noise, but just as he initially thought, I believed it was the sound of the cuffs snapping into place correctly. When I pulled the gloves off I did not ever notice an o-ring out of place, so perhaps it rolls back into the groove as you pull them apart (?). I guess the only way to know for sure if the o-ring has come out of its seat is to stick your hand in the water and see if it leaks. And take Kompressor's advice and lube the o-ring lightly to keep the friction from unseating it. If that doesn't work for you, take my advice and check out the Amron system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom