Show us your PPD Tags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr:
Wanna hear something very sad? Currently sitting in front of my comp/tv wearing my BP/W and practicing clipping/unclipping boltsnaps. Sad, ain't it?
Dude...

Get a life! By a BCD....preferably a Scubapro Classic, no clips....

:D

Mike Veitch:
Dude...

Get a life! By a BCD....preferably a Scubapro Classic, no clips....

:D
What, no HUB?

Halthron:
What, no HUB?
Actually i tried to get a BC without the stupid inflator hose, Scuba Pro was making one like that for a while. The hose came in through a sleeve and an inflator on the left side just like the HUB, there was a purge vent on the left shoulder.

I really hate the inflator hose!!! it does nothing but get in the way when trying to take pics or vid. I have zip tied mine down onto the BC but still gets in the way....i use it only to put air in, the shoulder and butt valves to get air out...

So, yes i think the HUB has some great ideas to it....but way too many freakin hoses...

Psst... I dive a HUB...

Yes it's true.

The only thing I didn't like about the HUB was the Dacor Viper Regulator setup. I took that out, and put an SP MK25/S600 instead. I took all of the hoses out of the HUB, and there you go. It is very streamlined... and I bought mine for $399 with reg 2nd and octo included. I used it for about 90 dives in its original configuration, and had no problems with it at all. For a starter setup, it was/is great. I have nothing bad to say about it, except the Dacor Viper 2nd stage (now removed) was somewhat of a strain to breathe off of, especailly in comparison to the ScubaPro S600... Which cost more than the whole HUB setup.

I do like a lot that there are no hoses in the way for taking video, as Mike said. That is true.

shugar:
in chip's defense:

it's not the size of the safety sausage... it's how you deploy it!

Jag

Note to jag: Only people with small sausages say that. :wink:

jonix:
have to correct you pak...it's not looking a bit limp... it's definitely limp :D

My sausage wasn't so limp after Pak "strobbing" me and letting me touch his dive light. :)

@ Pak: once more pak, I apologize for turning on your "light" when it clearly was out of it's mood. Even if it was only for a few seconds, I know in the future it won't last as long as it used too. You can shine it on me any day. :wink:

Mike I demand details...

D E T A I L S.......
There's a bottle of rum in it for you :D :D.

Howarde you had a HUB, eh, i've only seen one diver locally use it.
But then he cave dives and has a couple different rigs that he uses.

Midwest, i'm just as sad as you...
Sometimes I take out all my gear and imagine using it........... :rofl:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom