Should the hunting forum be a closed/club forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, in the interest of fairness, the "Don't take the octopus" portions of the now infamous "Can I take the octopus" thread have been integrated elswhere on the board.

scubapro5:
Here we go again a moderator saying save the octopus on a hunting forum.

Who moderates the moderators?

I don't hunt octopus but come-on now you get to tell us what to take and not to take?

Cmon,
somebody needs to get a grip. Didn't you even notice the next post made clear it was a JOKE!
Joke-something humorous that usually elicits laughter.

No. Keep it open

Keep it open. When the slammers reply and use some catch phrase invented post 1990 and start "overdoing" everything it gives me a chuckle. Tom H

I can certainly understand why you would suggest closing the hunting forums down to only hunters. It seems that those hell bent on proving that spear fishermen are causing the destruction of the oceans and the rapid loss of fish stocks stop at nothing in their attempts to humiliate, and/or interfere with that of which they do not understand. Man has been fishing since the beginning of time.....etc., etc., etc.

That said, personally I don't care one way or the other. I have no respect whatsoever for those that personalize their missinformed attacks, consequently, I care not what they say or think. But then again, I do find that I enjoy diving trips aboard charters holding the trip out as a "hunting" trip. I find that I have much more fun sharing the boat with a group of fellow divers enjoying a common interest than being treated "one step above a child molester"--as happens on some boat trips. So I see the point....

Still, For now, I say keep it open......

Cool.......let's join a discussion posted in 2004!!!!! :rofl3:

Our hunting forums are indeed open and are also a "no troll zone" for those who oppose hunting and gathering.

here is the verdict on this idea:
We don't want to make such a drastic change at this point. Making a forum opt in diminishes its appeal and we want to attract users to it. However fights diminish a forums appeal as well so we want to eliminate them. We want your help in doing that.

If someone tries to start an argument about hunting in this forum we expect you to:
1) repond to them politely in a PM and point out the forum rules
2) use the report post feature if that fails to produce a satisfactory result
3) stop taking octopus.

I agree it should remain OPEN.

As far as the above sugestions:
If it is Ok with the board I'll start by skipin #1, if someone is attacking any of my hunting posts in the hunting forum I have nothing to say to them in private. I should be allowed to point out the sign on the forum "door".

I'll follow #2 if the poster in question doesn't get the message.

And will definetly ignore #3, the "civilized society" where I come from was eating octopus before the white man came to America, so as long as it is legal there will be octos in my fridge.

We are cool with that! I think #3 was more tongue in cheek... :D

Leave it open! I myself have never hunted , but enjoy eading the posts in the forum! Someday I hope to learn or at least try to hunt......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom