Should I service my reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The heart of an IP gauge: 1/4" NPT Male to Standard BCD Connector (AA04) from LeisurePro.com

An adapter is also available for connection to an Air2 style hose.

I use a Craftsmen compression gauge but also have an el cheapo water pressure testing gauge that I travel with. It is not as accurate, but suffices for the purpose of measuring the stability of the IP which is most useful in diagnosing some problems.

(But, for about the same price as that Micky Mouse gauge, you can get a real instrument)

I totally agree that your gauge set up is better and a better value, but my thought is that your write up is good for more than just the DIY. I think not just a DIY should learn how to do a full inspection and check their own regulator, but actually anyone that owns a regulator. In which case a non-DIY may want to purchase a ready-made IP gauge and not try to locate different fittings from different places and put it together. It is simple, but the convenience of pre-assemble is worth it to many…after all we are not talking at big dollar item…specially as compared to the cost of new regulators.

The Master has spoken! Henceforth the cut and paste special shall include a link to the LP gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom