Shore diving question...booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are my Bonaire booties: Bare 3 mm HD Tropic Boot

"The BARE Tropic is made from 3 mm Nylon ll Neoprene with a Reinforced Heel Cap and the Heavy Duty Ice Boot Sole for Extreme Durability."

Tell her to look at stylish low-cut booties:

View attachment 405626

Tell her she'll look like a water-sprite or some sort of nymph or elf-girl.
The soles on these look too flimsy for Bonaire.

These are my Bonaire booties: Bare 3 mm HD Tropic Boot

"The BARE Tropic is made from 3 mm Nylon ll Neoprene with a Reinforced Heel Cap and the Heavy Duty Ice Boot Sole for Extreme Durability."
These look good. Also, see Amazon.com : Tusa Imprex 3mm Scuba Dive Slipper - DB-0201-BK-10 - Size 10 : Sports & Outdoors, which I've seen in several shops on Bonaire.

The Seasoft Sunray booties are warm water and comfy, with a heavy duty sole, like an athletic shoe. I have them for my pool work since the taller booties wouldn't stay zipped up on me.

Sunrays - Dive Right in Scuba

Those interest me as drysuit boots
They are way awesome for drysuits... if you can find them. Since New Balance bought out OTB Boots, they've become scarce. The original designer/owner of OTB is working for a uniform manufacturer, and I'm hoping for prototypes soon. I like them because they drain immediately, and dry within about an hour. Excellent ankle support and traction. I use them when fly fishing as well as for diving.

The Seasoft Sunray booties are warm water and comfy, with a heavy duty sole, like an athletic shoe. I have them for my pool work since the taller booties wouldn't stay zipped up on me.

Sunrays - Dive Right in Scuba

I like the arch support feature. I resort to putting insoles in my booties. They make a good point that a hard sole can have benefits beyond protecting your feet when you're walking on land.

They are way awesome for drysuits... if you can find them. Since New Balance bought out OTB Boots, they've become scarce. The original designer/owner of OTB is working for a uniform manufacturer, and I'm hoping for prototypes soon. I like them because they drain immediately, and dry within about an hour. Excellent ankle support and traction. I use them when fly fishing as well as for diving.
I'll look on some fire/ems/le pages I'm on.

View attachment 405626

You couldn't pay me enough to dive Bonaire with soles like that.

I'll look on some fire/ems/le pages I'm on.

You couldn't pay me enough to dive Bonaire with soles like that.

I wouldn't pay you to dive anywhere...

View attachment 405626

Those are, in my opinion, not suitable for shore diving bonaire.

I have very similar ones for boat diving.

A hard sole is required not only for protection against sharp coral, etc., but also for stability in walking over the very jagged and uneven terrain.

Something like:

manta.png

To echo the others: ours are similar and they were less than perfect for stability. They worked but harder soles would've been more comfortable. I wouldn't go so far as call them unsuitable, but she may want to hold on to someone while getting in and out in these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom