Shore Diving August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a side note: Frank(frankc420) is in Pensacola right now on vacation all week long with access to a boat and he and his dive buddy need two more to go out with them and just split gas.

He is also up for taking 2 more on Saturday and has access to a larger boat that can take 3 more out for a total of 5. This may be an option depending on how many are interested in doing this and they don't fill the spots before then.

Last edited:
If we have enough folks with boats we might be able to get everyone out somewhere together and dive and then all have a social afterwards. How many have a boat and are interested in getting together and how many need a spot on a boat and are willing to split gas?

Does anyone know how the weather is going to affect this weekend and the sea conditions?

What does everyone think of Ft Pickens?

AND, what do we want to cook?

Tom Wicker, are you still interested in going and don't you have a propane cooker we could do a boil with? We could pick up some seafood, potatos, corn and bring it along for a boil.

I have a 26' boat. But with gear and tanks 4 is tight. I'm up for going. Are we talking about Saturday?

Yes, Saturday the 9th at Ft Pickens. I am no tide expert but from what I understand it looks like the earlier the better, but we don't want to have to go too early. Does meeting at Ft Pickens around 10am sound ok to you and trying to get two dives? I don't know where everyone is launching from. How many spots do you have left on your boat?

I'm completely open except for me as of now. I launch from Gulf Breeze by the Pensacola Beach Bridge. It looks like the best tide we'll have is low tide which is at 4 PM. So at 10AM we'll be diving an outgoing tide.

Okay. That sounds even better since I will be driving from out-of-town. So it will be more of an afternoon dive and dinner. So what time should we be at the dive site?

i am up for going already talked to mrxray and i also may have access to a propane cooker so just keep me updated

Great!! This is fantastic!! What a way to spend my bday!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom