Shore Diving August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great!! Look forward to meeting you!! :)

If it is more convenient for everyone who is interested we can do this in Pensacola, FL. My son and I can drive down Saturday morning and do some shore diving and have a cookout or social and spend the night in Pensacola and then drive to Orange Beach the next morning. It would only be an hour drive Sunday morning. I am not familiar with the sites at either place so some of you that are please make some suggestions based on tides, etc. I would like to avoid being jellyfish bait if at all possible. :D

I am hearing nothing but jellyfish everywhere, especially Pensacola. :(

the jellyfish shouldn't be as bad as they were in navarre because it will be daylight and you will be able to see them and play dodge the jellies

I am interested in attending. The jellies are not that bad in Pensacola. It is all about timing of the day. I went out at 5:30 pm with my dad and we encountered a lot and even kissed one. I went swimming with a friend around noon another day and there were none. Just let me know about location and time. I am just starting to get into the sport and my dad is coming out of retirement. We looking to meet new dive buddies.

Here are the local Pensacola dive sites: Dive Sites

I have a book entitled Underwater Florida. Most of Destin's local dives are away from the beaches. Pensacola has a five or six off the shore. Two I know a little of a challenge. You have to time it just right to dive there.

I do know there is a little wreck off of Gulf Shores, AL.

The Whiskey Wreck

Hope this can help.

I've worked at Silver Beach condo (Orange Beach) most of last week and also this weekend. The water is staying full of swimmers and no children are crying, This is a very good sign BUT!! the waves have been rolling at times and the water doesn't look very clear from the roof top. Keep this post updated if you would I may know of a couple of divers that may want to join in if you all don't mind.. What say you?

Tom, Irishgirl and Derek thanks for the info. I still want to do it. Since you guys live down there and see the conditions and know the sites better than I do, please make suggestions. I would love to dive around noonish to 3pm or so and then either cookout or go to a restaurant together and yes, everyone is invited, even nondiving family members can hang out on the beach while the others dive and then we can all have a social afterwards. :)

hey guys and gals, i did a dive at perdido pass this weekend, the vis was crap but the jellies were just about gone, so maybe thats a good sign......

Well, thankfully the jellyfish problem seems to be getting better. Now we need a good location. I would love to have a place that had public bathrooms/showers so that we could hang around the water for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom