Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are working on it so I am pretty sure they will get it working - note it is not limited to Perdix AI but any computer that uses BT LE.

There has been recent progress and some people have been able to download dives from Perdix AI to development versions of Subsurface (including mobile!). But it will take a bit longer until this will work reliably. And unfortunately it turned out there is not the BLE protocol but different manufacturers do very different things with that interface. So, unfortunately, dive computers have to be handled on a case by case basis. And, unfortunately, not much is in sight for Windows since Qt, the library that Subsurface uses for many things including BT communication, does not support BLE on that platform.

They are working on it so I am pretty sure they will get it working - note it is not limited to Perdix AI but any computer that uses BT LE.

Looks like Shearwater Desktop has been fixed: Windows 10 Update. One person did note they had to unpair and pair their Perdix AI in order to get it working.

I still can not get Desktop to "see" my Perdix AI. MacBookPro 2011 running Sierra 10.12.3, BUT, I have replaced the internal BT card with the LE version, and have "tweaked" the kext files so that all handoff and continuity features work as to all of my apple devices. I can use Shearwater Cloud just fine, but not desktop.

I'm using Sierra 10.12.5 and Desktop 3.1.3. It works fine for me. There is a Desktop 3.1.4 but I haven't updated to it yet.

I'm using Sierra 10.12.5 and Desktop 3.1.3. It works fine for me. There is a Desktop 3.1.4 but I haven't updated to it yet.

I truly am glad that it works for you. I have sent an email to Shearwater, and will see if they have any thoughts on this. Thanks

It's probably a lot less painful to backup dives through your phone.

This whole Bluetooth thing is a clusterf*ck. I'm amazed that something like this is an issue in 2017.

It's probably a lot less painful to backup dives through your phone.
It's super easy with Dive Log on my iPhone and Diving Log 6.0 on my PC.

Bluetooth works seemlessly to move dives from the Perdix AI to the iPhone - I usually do it right after the dives (can capture GPS coordinated then as well).

I can synch the log to the PC over WiFi and upload any changes back to the phone via wifi synch as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom