Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ginserdog

New
Reaction score
I’m replacing my old dive computer and really like the functions of the Shearwater Perdix A 1, I know there is an issue with Bluetooth, but would like anyone’s opinion that has used it to see if you like the computer and would recommend it. Thank you for your comments.

What issue with Bluetooth?

I am completely satisfied with this DC. It does what I need it to do and presents information clearly. The AI is nice but not necessary - I like it anyways. I would recommend Shearwater without hesitation.

I had issues with Bluetooth, i.e it didn't work. I contacted SW they remote accessed my computer and solved the issue but I have to use the dongle. It appears this is a known issue with some older computers. Mine is an eight year old mac. My previous Petrel and Petrel 2 however worked fine. They changed the BT software on the Perdix.

I have 3 Petrel 1's & a Perdix AI. Love all 4 computers! Never had any problems with the Bluetooth.I have had 2 Predatrs, 2 otherPetrels before the 2 stand alones I currently have, one Petrel is the controller for my eCCR & I use the Perdix for recreational diving.

The Perdix AI uses Bluetooth Low Energy (LE). All other Shearwater computers use Bluetooth (not-LE).

Though they both have Bluetooth in the name, the interface is totally different. Bluetooth LE does not work on Windows 7 at all. Subsurface does not yet support Bluetooth LE, so you can't download directly from a Perdix AI to Subsurface on any platform. And even if you have Windows 8 or later or a Mac, your computer still might not support Bluetooth LE. Though, in that case, you should be able to use the Bluetooth dongle that comes with the Perdix AI.

Does it seem likely subsurface will eventually support Bluetooth LE?
They are working on it so I am pretty sure they will get it working - note it is not limited to Perdix AI but any computer that uses BT LE.

i have a PerdixAi and it works fine with my 2year old Macbook pro, Although i tend to just use my iPhone to sync my divelogs,

FYI at the moment the shearwater cloud doesn't sync to desktops, only mobile devices.

Back
Top Bottom