Shearwater Perdix AI vs. Perdix 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kensei

Master Fin Sharpener
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are the differences between these two computers? What specifically is better/improved in the Perdix 2 vs. Perdix AI? I've searched and can't find any side-by-side comparison. Please post a link if this has already been done.

I don't care about comparisons between the Perdix 2 and Petrel 3... which Shearwater has already published. I will probably never use or need a Petrel.

Different buttons. Think you can tweak how sensitive they are. Haptic alarms.

That’s pretty much it.

Above, and a glass screen on the 2. I believe the display itself is the same, but the screen is different, but this is probably more minor to the above.

Oh, and price.

OMMOHY

Titanium bezel
Wow. Must "upgrade" from the old one as that's such a great feature. Is it a different colour?

You can get it in black but that's extra :D

Wow. Must "upgrade" from the old one as that's such a great feature. Is it a different colour?
It can be. There are two different versions. Ti and Ti Black. The Ti Black is 50 CAD more.

In the Ti version both the bezel and buttons are titanium gray. With the Ti Black, they are black.

One major difference is that the Perdix 2 can connect to 4 transmitters. The Perdix AI I believe can only connect to 2. That is kind of a cool feature.

One major difference is that the Perdix 2 can connect to 4 transmitters. The Perdix AI I believe can only connect to 2. That is kind of a cool feature.
No. That’s not correct. It was true until the Swift was introduced. Around that time, the firmware was updated, and this allowed connection to 4 transmitters fir the Perdix AI and Teric.

For the Perdix AI, firmware v84 added support for 4 transmitters in July 2021. V19 for the Teric around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom