Shearwater Cloud Open Beta now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iOS is smooth. Great app. So far...

Updated the firmware in my new Perdix and downloaded the test dive today with no issues. Downloaded the dives off my Petrel 2 tonight and also no issues. When I use the various sort methods on the dives in the App, they appear to be correct. Downloaded the App from the Apple App store this AM. Running the app on a iPhone 7.

Great free app! Two things I've noticed in the iOS version-

the max depth that is showen on the dive log list does not match actual max depth of the dive.

On the graph, the pressure option doesn't function.

-Cheers

Great free app! Two things I've noticed in the iOS version-

the max depth that is showen on the dive log list does not match actual max depth of the dive.

On the graph, the pressure option doesn't function.

-Cheers
If you click/check the pressure box below the graph, it will display a line for pressure on the graph and show PSI, GTR and SAC along with other dive info as you scroll across the graph (if you have a Perdix AI).

So I am having issues downloading my dives. running iPhone 7 plus on iOS 10.3, Petrel 2 on firmware v44. I initially connected the computer, I tried downloading the the dives from my computer. Not sure if it did or not as I walked away. Came back to the phone and decided to register for an account. Noticed there were no dives stored on the phone. Now when I try to download dives, the bluetooth connects, but when I click download dives, i get "BLUETOOTH ERROR: "Send packet error" on the petrel 2.

**info added**
So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app. Then ran through a firmware update through the phone. Firmware update was successful, dive computer still shows v44. Tried downloading dives again and got to 42/87 and then the computer displayed "ISO 14229: Trans Exit Seq."

Last edited:
What I've noticed is that if I choose to display temperature in Fahrenheit, it displays the correct numbers for Celsius. If I chose to display Celsius, I get numbers which are about 25 degrees too low. Apart from that, it works rather well with my Petrel 2. Although some method of importing/exporting to outside programs (like Subsurface) would be nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom