Sharking It Again @ Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSharkk

Contributor
Reaction score
Friday 02/01/2013

Dive 1, Juno Deep Ledge – 3 good sized bull sharks, two huge schools of jack crevalle, (thousands of fish). Crevalle jack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dive 2, Mike’s Reef – 6 caribbean sharks, 3 nurse sharks, 4 goliath groupers, 1 hawksbill sea turtle, one unidentified turtle. 60 ft./18 m vis, 74 F/23 C, slight N current. The same in water conditions on both dives.

Dive 3, rightfully cancelled due to deteriorating sea conditions.

Great dives – A thanks to the Jupiter Dive Center Crew - Gerry Carroll, Captain Mike, Sandy Cook and, David Anderson

They will be diving the Deep Ledge again this coming Friday, 02/08/2013

Thanks Jeff, Jupiter Dive Center will be doing it again this Friday, February 8th 2013 and the forecast looks a whole lot better.

[SIZE=+1]FRIDAY[/SIZE] VARIABLE WINDS 5 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING SOUTH AROUND 5 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET.

The weather this past weekend was unreal. Drop-dead gorgeous. Saturday we were sailfishing with barely enough wind to fly the kites. Sunday was diving with bugs and hogs.

Let's hope the NOAA forecast is correct -- This is for the Boca Raton area.....

Today:
ESE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Tonight: Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Tuesday: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Tuesday Night: ESE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Wednesday: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft. Intracoastal waters smooth becoming a light chop.

Wednesday Night: E wind around 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Thursday: E wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Thursday Night: E wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Friday: Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Intracoastal waters smooth.

in the Jupiter area lately. I have been diving these reefs for years and I'm seeing more sharks on more dive site. That's encouraging!!

Friday is going to be great......

[SIZE=+1]FRIDAY[/SIZE] SOUTHWEST WINDS 7 TO 12 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Looking forward to the Friday the 8th. Dives were as reported to add several HUGE lionfish on the deep ledge and a Large Green moray free swimming on dive 2.

even seeing a lot more sharks on the shallow reefs in the 15-20 foot depth here on the Treasure Coast. seeing 6-10 nurse sharks on a dive, 2-4 bull sharks and even the odd tiger and hammerhead.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make the 2 and a half hour drive from Orlando to do some diving tomorrow. The weather looked like it would be great at the beginning of the week, but not so great now, although not bad either. Just a pain in the butt driving all that way (5.5 hours RT + $50 for gas + $65 for the boat trip) for less than ideal conditions.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make the 2 and a half hour drive from Orlando to do some diving tomorrow. The weather looked like it would be great at the beginning of the week, but not so great now, although not bad either. Just a pain in the butt driving all that way (5.5 hours RT + $50 for gas + $65 for the boat trip) for less than ideal conditions.

All indications say that the weather is going to be great for diving tomorrow! If I was able to go diving tomorrow, I would certainly do it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom