Trip Report Quiescence Diving Services Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only clarification, you need to create the group (1 to 6 people). They do not group random people who wish to dive. So, you rent the boat and you organize your group.
Thanks. Part of why I ask is out of concern that people new to the area researching options may see this thread, and not know what the differentiators are between Quiescence, Rainbow Reef Dive Center, Conch Republic and so on. Details like you provided can help people quickly discern whether that's what they're after or not.

Thanks. Part of why I ask is out of concern that people new to the area researching options may see this thread, and not know what the differentiators are between Quiescence, Rainbow Reef Dive Center, Conch Republic and so on. Details like you provided can help people quickly discern whether that's what they're after or not.
Yes. If you want to dive without the crowds on reefs that are not beat up— and you have 4 to 5 buddies who want to dive with you, Quiescence is the way to go.

Yes. If you want to dive without the crowds on reefs that are not beat up— and you have 4 to 5 buddies who want to dive with you, Quiescence is the way to go.
And to clarify, the price does not include a DM/dive guide, correct? If not then your group needs to know where they're going once they splash.

And to clarify, the price does not include a DM/dive guide, correct? If not then your group needs to know where they're going once they splash.
Correct. Very easy to do. The Cpt draws a map and you navigate. Diving in the Keys is super easy.

This brings back memories. I dove a charter by that name over twenty years ago, presume it's the same one. Was working in Maimi for 3 weeks so took my gear down. Dive buddy flew down the weekend. We dove the Quiesence and "recovered" at Southbeach. One of my best business trips...

Really enjoyed Quiescence when we were down 2 years ago. Rented the boat for 1/2 day and the captain was great, kept us away far away from the crowds. As a matter of fact we couldn't see anyone else where we were.

$850/day for 6 is $35/dive. Can't get much better than that.

From what I remember you had to bring all your own gear, or you could rent from their shop. Great people.

Really enjoyed Quiescence when we were down 2 years ago. Rented the boat for 1/2 day and the captain was great, kept us away far away from the crowds. As a matter of fact we couldn't see anyone else where we were.

$850/day for 6 is $35/dive. Can't get much better than that.

From what I remember you had to bring all your own gear, or you could rent from their shop. Great people.
Plus taxes and tip. We all tip at least $10/tank.

Plus taxes and tip. We all tip at least $10/tank.
Wow.. that's an extra $240 for the day!.. I don't own a boat, but if I did you and yours would be welcome any time!

Up here it's about the same I guess. I usually tip $20 / trip, which is 2 dives.

Quiescence has been spoken of positively a number of times on ScubaBoard; nice to see a new review of them. From what I've read from past discussions here, they're a small (6-pack) boat operation and don't put a 'free' guide in the water, but people who like smaller dive boats (and may have a group together who want more of a say in where the boat goes) may find them a fine match. Does all that sound still accurate?

Richard.
Yes... that pretty much sums it up. They're a great outfit.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom