Trip Report Boynton beach 6/10/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a quick dive report from this weekend. Went Saturday out of Boynton. Sorry no pics this time. I was carrying my new Koah 52’ battle-axe hoping to spear some supper but no luck there either.

Dive 1 MV Castor had a bit of a current that diminished below 60' vis was not that great until we got down on the wreck at 90'- 120' then it cleared up to around 80'. 4 goliath groupers hanging out on the wreck, lots of other fish and a big school of yellow tails.

Dive 2 reef drift. The current started picking up and vis was about 45' - 60' saw a couple loggerheads early on. About 15 minutes in we had a lemon shark glide through the group. It decided to accompany us for the rest of the dive circling through us every few minutes. One member of our group speared a Crevalle jack right as we dropped in and he decided to ditch it because of our newly acquired buddy. Also had 2 bulls show up at the end of the dive.

Dive 3 and 4 both reef drifts between 40' - 75'. The current was ripping by the time we got out to do the afternoon dives. I took flag duty for the dives, and it was towing me instead of the other way around. Vis really got bad the later it got started out with about 40' by the last dive down to maybe 30'. I was paired up with an inta-buddy who only had 8 dives total and was on air. I must admit I was surprised at his proficiency. He was able to follow our plan and able to get 45 min bottom time both dives. Lots of turtles, mostly loggerheads and 1 hawksbill. One lemon at the end of dive 4.

I was carrying my new Koah 52’ battle-axe ...
Thanks for the dive conditions report. That current will help clean up the water carrying the haze away.
Congrats on the new dive gear addition !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom