Shark Teeth near WPB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SC_Hoaty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for some inside information from the locals, if they would be kind enough to share.

Where are the good places to go diving for sharks teeth?

Bonus points if it is a shore dive!

Thanks!!

I live just north of WPB and drive to Venice [west coast] to hunt for teeth....To the best of my knowledge there is no fossil/teeth hunting in or around WPB.....You can shore dive in Venice, many do.....But you live close(r) to some of the best fossil (tooth) grounds in the world...Ga. and NC, off of Top Sail Island....Long boat ride to the fossil ledges [2-2 1/2hrs] but amazing 'finds' and not picked over because of long ride and need to be nitrox cert'd.......PM me if you need more info.........

I live just north of WPB and drive to Venice [west coast] to hunt for teeth....To the best of my knowledge there is no fossil/teeth hunting in or around WPB.....You can shore dive in Venice, many do.....But you live close(r) to some of the best fossil (tooth) grounds in the world...Ga. and NC, off of Top Sail Island....Long boat ride to the fossil ledges [2-2 1/2hrs] but amazing 'finds' and not picked over because of long ride and need to be nitrox cert'd.......PM me if you need more info.........

Thanks! I know some locals (to me) dive the Cooper River (black water, braille diving!) in search of artifacts. I had hoped to work this in with my WPB trip. We may be driving to Venice one day! I appreciate the information very much. :thumb:

Looking for some inside information from the locals, if they would be kind enough to share.

Where are the good places to go diving for sharks teeth?

Bonus points if it is a shore dive!

Thanks!!

Hoaty...

I do not know who this character j2s is, but you are being lied to.
Palm Beach and especially Jupiter are LOADED with shark teeth.
Just walk down to the beach and swim out a little bit.
Submerge.
Punch a dime sized hole in that gallon of cow blood you bought at Penn Dutch, pull out some pliers, and sit back for a while.
The Man-in-the-Gray-Suit will be along shortly thereafter and if you make your wishes known, you can probably get some teeth.....

Chug
Hoping this helps,
but typically rents a canoe and gets his limit of shark teeth from the Peace River in Arcadia, the source of Venice's fossil teeth.

I am with Chug. I see Bullshark teeth here in Ft Pierce but they are still being used by their owners...

Thanks everyone - Especially Chug for the laugh! Joyce - still in SC next Sat or I might have taken you up on the kind offer! FL bound at the end of the month.

lots of teeth here between Vero and ft Pierce. Most are hard to get. But we do find a bunch of lost ones. Any shore dive around Avalon/Round Island/Pepper Park has teeth potential. Oh.....and they are all easy shore dives!

lots of teeth here between Vero and ft Pierce. Most are hard to get. But we do find a bunch of lost ones. Any shore dive around Avalon/Round Island/Pepper Park has teeth potential. Oh.....and they are all easy shore dives!

BEWARE!
Sheeper is setting you up Hoaty.
There are teeth at Pepper Park, but mostly from UDT trainees that were unable to satisfactorily disarm things that go boom and you could encounter unexploded ordnance.

Chug
History Freek 'cause Daddy has a gun/launcher in the museum across the road from PP.

I'm heading across the state to dive in Venice next Saturday. Still space available on the boat.
INterested in going again in Sept?
I have one day (Monday, Sept 17) to go dive for teeth! Wish it was a better day, but that is all I have. I'll have another diver, a man from Estonia with me.
Any advice on who to go with would be GREATLY appreciated!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom