Places to be left alone while diving warm water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Option #2, is load up the Baja-Buggy and head south the the Sea of Cortes in Mexico, Bring back tales of avoiding the cartels as an added bonus.

Sea of Cortez is high on my list for 2025.

As with some others, Bonaire leapt to mind as the obvious go-to, but Curacao is a strong option.

My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire

8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends (a popular option, and one I enjoyed).

2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites (this was a deliberately budget-minded trip, and what I'd like to do again).

Curacao Trip Research Notes

Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019 (pricy but fun).

If I were going alone and diving was the sole focus, I'd consider All West Apartments or Nos Krusero and use Go West Diving as my supplier, on the condition that they are still okay with solo diving (in the past I got the impression they weren't thrilled, but would allow it). If I based in the Willemstad area, I think Dive Bus is okay with solo diving. I don't know to what extent solo certification matters.

Someone mentioned trying to rent a pony on Bonaire without a solo cert. might be a hassle. I take my own 3-cf Spare Air, which is small, light, easily transported and I can fill off a rental tank myself without asking a dive op. staffer to do it. I believe they now have a 6-cf option.

Spare Airs get a lot of flack on SB, and they have their limits. Shore diving Bonaire, I'm not worried about returning to my point of entry, just some breathing gas to let me head up top at a more deliberate pace should the need arise.

Kona is 80°F right now.

In a month or so it will be very cold in Hawaii, 5mm won't be enough during that time. Semidry at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom