Shark attack in LBTS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So let me get this straight...a kid with a shark attached to his belly standing on a beach for at least 30 minutes has not produced a SINGLE picture? The mental image of a person standing on a beach with a shark attached to them has me laughing (Now that we know he will be OK).

Hey at least we know he got the shark free of the evil fishing line riiiiggghht?

You are right, especially in this era of camera phones...I would LOVE to see that...

I said this on ZD, too. The kid was trying to free the shark which was tangled in either a net or fishing line. The shark did what any shark would do, it swung around and bit the kid. Nurse Sharks bite with a bit of suction and the bite is really more of a hicky than a wound. The news media again dramatized a story without telling the whole truth. In this case, they actually lied. If I was the shark, I'ld sue.

I said this on ZD, too. The kid was trying to free the shark which was tangled in either a net or fishing line. The shark did what any shark would do, it swung around and bit the kid. Nurse Sharks bite with a bit of suction and the bite is really more of a hicky than a wound. The news media again dramatized a story without telling the whole truth. In this case, they actually lied. If I was the shark, I'ld sue.

Right on about the shark bite/suck.. of course, this kid with a shark hanging off gives me the image of a kid with his tongue stuck to a light post to... "Hewwo... 'an n'eeone 'el et ee ooose? I'n sduck" :rofl:

Dunno if it was said or not, but I read once that a surfer in Australia (maybe South Africa?) swam to shore, drove to a bar, and then the hospital with a nurse shark still attached to his leg.

A 14 year old boy sees a nurse shark laying on the bottom. He watches it, laying there not moving. What's the longest period of time he can go without poking it.

I can't believe this kids parents are buying this, especially w/o pictures. These must be some seriously daft folks. I'm sure the girl told her parents it was the curling iron, of course. Boys just have to go bigger and better :shakehead:

A 50-something woman sees a nurse shark laying on the bottom. She watches it, laying there not moving. What's the longest period of time she can go without poking it.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

::GUILTY!!!::

Actually, he was probably mimmicing a picture he's seen in an ad or two in a popular diving magazine, "It's just a big sea puppy."

They just posted a new story on Sun-Sentinel -- he "supposedly" untangled the shark from fishing line, then brought it to the surface to show everyone, yeah, smart kid.

Then when he went to release it, the thing bit his ***.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom