Shark attack in LBTS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I have heard of nurse sharks attacking as well ... but only when provoced ... I find them all the time hiding for sleep on my shore dives but Debb"Y" is correct I dont think I have seen on close to the beach. Now they are going to make Nurse sharks into some mean JAWS type shark lol ... I would not be suprised if my son came home from school today talking about it :wink:
KP

I've seen their shadows in the surf before. I think it happens more often in the Fall that they come closer to the beach. The news story I heard said he was chasing the shark and harrassing it.

I am a former newspaper staffer and divorced from a TV news person, and I am currently a librarian...all of this means I am fascinated by how "news" is "reported". Here are a few excerpts from a variety of outlets. RIDICULOUS!

A life or death fight in the ocean off a suburban Miami, Florida community ends happily for a 14-year-old boy.

Brandon Chapman says he was swimming near Lauderdale-By-The-Sea late Thursday when a shark bit into his stomach and clamped down.

Yeah, right, he was just swimming along minding his bidness when a rabid shark came after him. And this reporter needs a geography lesson!

An accurate brief story, but with this poll (of course meant to stir up FEAR):
SURVEY
Which of the following Florida animals scares you the most?
Alligators
Sharks
Snakes
Spiders
Roaches

By the way, my vote is ROACHES, specifically those flying Buicks known so poetically as "palmetto bugs."

Here is one that evokes a picture of someone trying to escape the maw of a Great White...see how they use words to stir up the readers.

Brendan Chapman was doing all right Thursday night, no small wonder considering just a few hours earlier he was struggling to free himself from the jaws of a shark.

By the way, here is the bite wound. Looks very much like road rash. Luckily, the kid will heal up well.

853-shark1.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

I am a former newspaper staffer and divorced from a TV news person, and I am currently a librarian...all of this means I am fascinated by how "news" is "reported". Here are a few excerpts from a variety of outlets. RIDICULOUS!

Yeah, right, he was just swimming along minding his bidness when a rabid shark came after him. And this reporter needs a geography lesson!

An accurate brief story, but with this poll (of course meant to stir up FEAR):

By the way, my vote is ROACHES, specifically those flying Buicks known so poetically as "palmetto bugs."

Here is one that evokes a picture of someone trying to escape the maw of a Great White...see how they use words to stir up the readers.

By the way, here is the bite wound. Looks very much like road rash. Luckily, the kid will heal up well.

853-shark1.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Because "The victim received a 3rd degree hickey...." just doesn't sell papers:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Good lord, this is like reporting "DOGS ATTACK & MAUL OLD LADIES" then showing 9 sleeping floppy eared coon hounds surrounded by bunnies. Anyone provoking a nurse shark so much that it 'attacked' and latched on really doesn't deserve this kind of news attention

We are going to need a bigger kayak... and 2 bottles of rum.

I'll be down around the end of October. Can I come along for the [-]Rum[/-] Hunting Party ... !?!

Hey - no chat here.. this is a matter of national security and nearly an international incident.. we've been elevated to Level Mauve with Blue Highlights! Thats almost to Mango don'tcha know! Someone got bit by a shark that is normally outrun by Zombies in terms of energetic moments.

we've been elevated to Level Mauve with Blue Highlights! Thats almost to Mango don'tcha know!
So sorry!!! :blush:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom